1 Return...1984 WS Champ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

montserratplay

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I was very excited to receive the following:

1985 Dave Rozema Topps 47 (Inscription: "To Kenneth, My Best, 84 Champs) 1 TTM
1983 Dave Rozema Topps 562 1 TTM
1981 Dave Rozema Fleer 464 1 TTM

While I'm not as into inscriptions as some folks are, I do love that my letter made it clear what a big Tiger fan I am. Am I the only one who (in this case) looks at a 1985 Topps and loves that the photo is probably from the 1984 season?

Dave Rozema had a VERY respectable career as a starter and reliever, playing between 1977 and 1986. In that time, he piled up the stats to earn b-r's ranking of 617th-best pitcher ever. (Arthur Rhodes pitched twice as long, and he's 616th.) Rozema had a stellar first season, going 15-7 for a Tiger team that was slowly becoming a mid-1980s juggernaut. He was responsible for 14.4 career WAR. (Hmm...Rhodes only had 13.7.) Rozema held some all-time great hitters to sub-.220 averages: Fred Lynn, Dwight Evans, Kirby Puckett, Dave Henderson, Bert Campaneris.

Nice return. Hes really a great guy especially in person. Hes from my town Grand Rapids which makes me like him even more.