1 Weekend - 200+ Autographs!!! (PIC HEAVY)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The most I got from one individual at a time was 5 cards. Some of the guys had short lines and will sign a bunch if you ask them. My dad ended up going with me so we double teamed it. There were a ton of people and you have to have a bit of strategy when it comes to planning out what you are going to get, fortunately the Cardinals provide a schedule of who is signing and when... which is very nice and makes it easy to plan things out. There were some hiccups but you have to expect that when you are dealing with 80+ athletes in a weekend. There were a few of the guys I had to cycle through. Sizemore would only sign 1 at a time so we had to go through his line 5 times between me and my father. He recognized my dad his 3rd time through and seemed to be a little pissed but we just got back in line and waited like everyone else soo. Good luck wth the Marlins Fanfest.

On a side note a few of the cards I made were customs since the guys either didn't have any stuff in a Cardinals uni or I wasn't able to locate anything before the Fanfest. I had George Altman sign a couple of customs and he said that he liked them, especially the way they looked I told him I was more than happy to send him a few if he was interested and he gave me his home address and email address so I can get in touch with him. Kind of neat.

Very nice haul!! We're they signing 6 at a time? Did you have help? Cycle the same line a few times?? Im planning on doing Marlin's fanfest next month. Im nowhere as prepared as you!! Did Cardinals provide list of players and times before hand??

Last edited:
congrats...i played high school baseball with Mike Jorgensen's kid here in Arlington...Mike was always a super nice guy and i remember him starting a trashcan fire during one of our super cold fall ball games. He even gave one of our players a brief cup of coffee in the low minor league ranks with the cards. Always seemed very generous and humble. Congrats on the haul

Cool! Super Nice Stuff! Do you know who is signing before you go?
Do they list these fan caravans on the MLB websites?

Usually the teams that do these events put everything up on MLB.com on their team page. With the Cardinals they actually offer a schedule of who is signing and the location within the event. It was a pretty fun time.

Cool! Super Nice Stuff! Do you know who is signing before you go?
Do they list these fan caravans on the MLB websites?

wow! what a haul! great looking stuff congrats. bet it was a great time

i can use these two for my set if you see anything you can use and are interested in trading them...
David Green - 1984 Topps
Jeff Lahti - 1984 Topps