12/29 - "The Grinch is out there" failure :o

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tigsfan

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Yeah, you heard me. I got one badly beat up SASE back, which I sent on 12/17, from Stockton, CA. I think what was inside explains the rest. On the bottom of my letter, stained and torn, it says:

"Zack -

Unfortunately our mail was stolen & the neighbor found this in an empty... no cards...

So sorry for the inconvenience,
Michele Sprague"

All I got to say is that I've never heard of this before, but apparently some low life wanted a few of ED SPRAGUE's base cards. I guess that even the holiday spirit doesn't change some people. Be warned of that neighborhood. ;)

Sorry to hear it. I received an empy envelope back from Texas this past week myself. It's like hey if you don't want to sign my card is it really necessary to send me back the empty envelope?

Every year around December, I get a TTM in a bodybag or destroyed, just due to the extra mail volume. Your cards could have been lost at any point along the way.

about three weeks ago i got my sase back from sprage's address, on the front it said, "please mail to his house address" the cards came back unsigned. my first thought was, maybe the address i sent to was a work address or maybe he moved. who knows.
-walt