1909 Philadelphia Caramel E95 Ty Cobb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim, that looks great. Just curious what cards you used. I see 1990 Donruss, but beyond that, I cannot tell.

Thank you! Yes, the 1990 Donruss are at the top (and the white borders of the card). 1989 Topps makes up the rest of the background. I used 1990 Score black borders for my black line detail. The faces, jerseys, and hats came from various late 1980's cards (87-89 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer).

Another Master piece! Best regards, David

Thanks, David!

Tim

Tim, I was talking about you the other day as I was touring the Ripley's Believe it or Not museum in St. Augustine, FL while we were on vacation. They had a bunch of pieces on display that were basically what you do. Art from ordinary objects, but yours is so much more meaningful because of the connection of what you use for each piece and it's relationship to the subject.

In the case of some of the pieces I saw, it was a jelly bean portrait of Elvis (cool, but not special), intricate structures made from match sticks (cool, but not special), etc. I could see one of your pieces on display just as easily as any of the others I saw. Sounds like they have 50+ museums throughout the country.

Have you ever though to approach Ripleys about displaying one of your pieces by chance?

Thanks again to all!

Tim, I was talking about you the other day as I was touring the Ripley's Believe it or Not museum in St. Augustine, FL while we were on vacation. They had a bunch of pieces on display that were basically what you do. Art from ordinary objects, but yours is so much more meaningful because of the connection of what you use for each piece and it's relationship to the subject.

In the case of some of the pieces I saw, it was a jelly bean portrait of Elvis (cool, but not special), intricate structures made from match sticks (cool, but not special), etc. I could see one of your pieces on display just as easily as any of the others I saw. Sounds like they have 50+ museums throughout the country.

Have you ever though to approach Ripleys about displaying one of your pieces by chance?

I haven't. I have seen a jellybean mosaic in the Ripley's here in Myrtle Beach (Van Gogh portrait). I thought it was cool, but like you said, I just like the medium to be representative of the subject. I never thought about asking them - if I get a chance this summer, I may drive a piece down and talk to the manager/operator of the museum (although I'm certain they have a higher command to answer to in regards to what is displayed).

Thanks for thinking about me/my work when you are out & about.......it means a lot.

Tim