1952 Topps Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrishwish

Bench Warmer
I have always wondered....how are you able to tell the difference between a 1952 Topps actual card and one of the reprint/counterfeit 1952 Topps cards floating around? This has started crossing my mind even more as you notice the number that are listed as reprints on Ebay, and I honestly can't tell the difference. My only thought was "Are they difference size?". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any Topps cards from 1956 and before are printed in a larger size. Topps did not go to the standard size until 1957.

Hope this helps.

Bryon

The 'official' reprints that Topps themselves produced in set form are all marked "TOPPS REPRINT SERIES" along the bottom of each card, and they are on white card stock, and in standard 2.5 x 3.5 inch size; as opposed to the larger size, grey card stock of the originals. -- Jim

mm1sub hit the easiest tell. However, holding a real 52 Topps and a reprint, you'll feel the difference as well. The real cards are more substantial and unless you have a pack fresh copy, will be obviously older looking.