1986 Topps PSA 10 Ryne Sandberg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

valediction

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Anyone else see the snippet on Sports Collectors Daily about the PSA 10 1986 Topps Ryne Sandberg passing the $1000 mark? Talk about having to fight the urge to buy some unopened rack/cello cases, or at least a box or two!

While I understand how crazy set registry collectors get, it boggles my mind that multiple people are attempting to complete a PSA-graded 1986 Topps set. I can't think of a single card in that set that has a true sales value of $1. Or could there be people trying to get Ryne Sandberg's complete Topps base run in PSA 10? I guess that would make more sense as during his career the 1986 would likey be the toughest 10, black borders and all.

Richard

The article made it sound like it was pretty much player collectors. Only 2 PSA 10's out there, so set registry rankings are at stake. They said it was the toughest 10 out there for Sandberg collectors.

EDIT:WHOA!

Last edited:
86T singles are incredibly tough to get top grades on.

For a while I was working on a stack of 86OPC singles for a "mint" hand collated set... I have about 50 cards for the set from 8 boxes so far.