1988/89 Topps Doubleheaders Yankees/Mets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teamsets4u.com

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I saw these today and I have heard about them but it is the first time I have seen them.

SCD list these as a 1989 Topps Doubleheaders Yankees/Mets Proofs.
they are different from the 1989 Topps Doubleheaders Yankees/Mets Test set since they use 1988 Topps cards for one side.

Anyone got any information on these?

How rare are these?

88dhyanksmetsproof.jpg

It took me FOREVER to track down the Mookie Wilson 1989 Topps Mets/Yankees Doubleheader. I have never heard of the 1988 version, probably because Mookie wasn't in the set.

This is the only 1989 Mookie I have seen before or since:

mwdhb.png

He did not say anything that was not already in the SCD except that they were extremely rare and he had been chasing them for along time.

Thanks for posting the photo! Now I at least know it really exists, even though I'll likely never own one.

Winfield Doubleheaders 1988 Proof

Thanks for posting the photo! Now I at least know it really exists, even though I'll likely never own one.

Just picked up the Winfield 1988 Doubleheaders Proof.... $23.80.... 1 bidder kept me from getting it for $9.99.

Just picked up the Winfield 1988 Doubleheaders Proof.... $23.80.... 1 bidder kept me from getting it for $9.99.

Wow, I didn't even see that come up. Must have scrolled right past it since eBay took all the titles off the front page of the feed.