1996 Danbury Mint cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mm1sub

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
My girlfriend's son was given a set of 1996 Danbury mint cards. He has the album with the cards and the names of the players listed on each page of the album. Does anybody have any info as to the price of these? He has a set of 50 cards sealed along with the album.

Thanks.

Bryon

Most sets list for crazy too much money. The sets that sell seem to go for under $100. Singles may be the way to go if you are trying to part with it. I have a set myself, but I have picked up singles of some of my favorites as well, so I don't need to break up the set.

Most sets list for crazy too much money. The sets that sell seem to go for under $100. Singles may be the way to go if you are trying to part with it. I have a set myself, but I have picked up singles of some of my favorites as well, so I don't need to break up the set.

Do you have all 200 cards or just the first 50? And did you purchase them individually or just pick up the set? I was just curious as to how much they were originally.

Do you have all 200 cards or just the first 50? And did you purchase them individually or just pick up the set? I was just curious as to how much they were originally.

SCD Big Book says there are 3 series, 150 total cards) sold from 1996 - 2002. Subscribers were sent 2 cards every month for about $11 each. Also, only people that bought all of the 1st series (cards 1-50) could buy any of series 2 or 3. That means original cost was about $550 for the 1st series. Another good example of why it's almost always wise to avoid buying something made strictly as a collectible when it first comes out.