1997 Donruss Signature

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Socal2b2

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
I just recently bought a 1997 Donruss Siganture Box That has 2 packs in it, for 39.99 plus shipping. You are guatenteed two autographs.

Was this a smart buy?? IDK much if anything about 1990s cards. I know there is some possible big pulls.

Smart or Stupid?? Any help or info I can get would be awesome
Thanks

Personally I wouldn't have bought it because there are so many common guys who's autos book for like $5 in those packs. If you hit it big it will look worth it, but it seems like most of the guys in the set are a bunch of duds. Also the packs originally retailed for $15 each.

Dan

Going to be very hit or miss for you. If you get lucky you will pull a decent guy or a SP auto but very good chance you will get stuck with a Jeff Abbott auto.

Though buying any box you are going to have to buck the odds anyway so good luck to you:)

I just recently bought a 1997 Donruss Siganture Box That has 2 packs in it, for 39.99 plus shipping. You are guatenteed two autographs.

Was this a smart buy?? IDK much if anything about 1990s cards. I know there is some possible big pulls.

Thanks

I bought 1997 Donruss Signature cards of Jeff Conine, Mark Kotsay & Ryan Klesko for a $1.00 each the other day.

If you get a Century Mark of a minor star (or better), you'll be happy. It is possible (though unlikely) to get a nice, early, on-card auto of a big name. But like the others said, it's hit or miss. There are lots of prospects in the product that didn't pan out.

Either way, let us know how you made out! Best of luck!

Thanks

Neither smart nor stupid. Like other packs/boxes, it depends which autographs you get. Get a Derrick Gibson and Esteban Loaiza, yeah, $40 for $2 worth of autos is a waste, but pull a Pedro, David Ortiz or George Brett, it's a decent pull

Neither smart nor stupid. Like other packs/boxes, it depends which autographs you get. Get a Derrick Gibson and Esteban Loaiza, yeah, $40 for $2 worth of autos is a waste, but pull a Pedro, David Ortiz or George Brett, it's a decent pull

That's true, the Significant Signatures are in the product also. I don't think Donruss released ratios, but the Significant Sigs were serial-numbered to 2000 sets. Could be a good opportunity to pull an on-card HOF auto, still in mint condition 13 years later.

If I were going to buy old boxes, these are the type I would buy. Only $40, so you are not risking much. Not much risk with the chance of nice reward = good opportunity.

Hope you pull a huge Significant Signature!!

Tim

I bought a couple boxes that year and subsequently went to work on a set, which to this day is still unfinished. There's a 100 card base (non-signed) set and I still need some of those too. As others have said there are a lot of cheap autos in there but you could get lucky and pull a Significant Signature or a Century Mark. I pulled a Tino Martinez Century Mark that year and it now books for $150. There are also Millennium Mark autos which have a high value.
Good luck, and if you want to trade after you open it, please let me know.
Dale

I pulled a Barry Larkin Auto!!!!! Ill take a 12 time AS auto!!!

Thanks for the info

When you buy packs or boxes you take a gamble. If you hit good very cool. If not you feel as if you are not fulfilled with your purchase. Roll the dice pal.