1999 finest peel & reveal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teammaddux

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I purchased two of these cards (Maddux) at the National this weekend. One has a sparkly background, the other has nothing as a background, just clear. I am trying to figure out what is what as far as what versions I have, given that there are the sparkle, hyperplaid and stadium star versions. I looked on Ebay but the scans didn't really help. The info on Beckett.com says that you had to take off the peel to reveal which of the three it was, but I almost feel that taking off the peel will turn it into the plain looking card.

Any info would be appreciated.

John

well the ironic thing to that is that the one that has nothing doesn't look like it has a peeling...the surface is all smudged, etc., something you would expect to see after taking off protective peeling. Furthermore, the sparkle one does look like it still has a protective coating on it...that is why I'm confused about Beckett's description.

John