2 in today 6/25

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hatesgoats

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Got one of my Favorite players today ! Don Kessinger the great SS for the Cubs. I now have the whole 1970 team on 1970 cards ! I sent 3 different times w/ no response, no return. I noticed last week that someone posted his real estate business address and SUCCESS !

And the disappointment of the day, Fergie Jenkins card came back unsigned with a placard with his prices for autos, $25 for any flat w/ personalization.
Bats $50.... Guess I will have to pony up. I do have a certified 1970 auto of him though....just thought I would give TTM a try.

I have got Jenkins before, but like you said it was with the $25 donation...he also did not inscribe HOF for me like I requested...kinda disappointed about it for that price. Nice pickup though!

Would love to see the team set scanned. Do you have it somewhere? The 70s look great signed.

However, you guys should consider the Bay if you don't. I just got this card last week for $3.77! It looks like it may have been double signed, but still a decent deal, especially considering his fee. I can't say it's real for sure, but I am fairly certain it is.

j-240.jpg

More and more I find unless I need a specific card signed, the more common star players, even some HOFers are easy to find cheap. After sending a card and SASE, you are alreadt into a TTM nearly a buck or more. Consider the card cost plus s/h, if you need to buy it, the risk involved and the wait time, it's not worth it to me. I'd rather buy. I know some of the fun is getting your own signatures. I appreciate that. It's not for me though.

I like pen sigs, if they are dark enough. Almost nothing worse than a ight pen sig, except maybe a bubbled sharpie sig!

I have seen a few sharpie sigs bleed and fade as well, so who knows how they will look over time...they have not been around too terribly long in the big picture (1964, but I'm sure usage was not widespread until later) to really know how they will react to elements and paper over time.