2 Rangers and 4 set hits today TTM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JuanGoneFan

BANNED
BANNED
Another big day for my set!!

6-11-201053720PM.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Those are some nice set hits! Congrats! I love the '70 cards. Those cards with the gray border look great signed.

I know, I love this set!! I am a little over 100 cards for the set but i have a ways to go!

It's a tough set to complete. I have about 200 signed for the '70 Topps and am dabbling with this set. I am focusing mostly on the 1976 set. The '70 set has just too many tough deceased players in it that will make it difficult to finish, such as Clemente, Moose, Hodges, Wilson, Kirby, & Murtaugh, to name a few. It won't be impossible to complete. Just very very tough. I think I've only seen a couple signed 1970 Clemente's, for example. There are obviously more, but they are scarce. The '76 set also has a bunch of tough deceased players, but I'm focusing on that set as I already have most of those tough deceased players already in that set.

Okay I hate your posts. They make me sick. Wanna know why? Because you find all these awesome Rangers cards that I haven't ever been able to find before. I hate it....in a good way, lol. :) Nice pickups!

That is a great set for autos. Lots of action shots, no preprinted signatures. I dabble in those, mainly on the stars/semis when I can find a good deal. I guess that could be said for any vintage set, but I especially like 74-78.

Do you have one of the toughest, Munson?

It's a tough set to complete. I have about 200 signed for the '70 Topps and am dabbling with this set. I am focusing mostly on the 1976 set. The '70 set has just too many tough deceased players in it that will make it difficult to finish, such as Clemente, Moose, Hodges, Wilson, Kirby, & Murtaugh, to name a few. It won't be impossible to complete. Just very very tough. I think I've only seen a couple signed 1970 Clemente's, for example. There are obviously more, but they are scarce. The '76 set also has a bunch of tough deceased players, but I'm focusing on that set as I already have most of those tough deceased players already in that set.

That is a great set for autos. Lots of action shots, no preprinted signatures. I dabble in those, mainly on the stars/semis when I can find a good deal. I guess that could be said for any vintage set, but I especially like 74-78.

Do you have one of the toughest, Munson?

No, I never had any luck with Munson and I tried him TTM every year from '71 to '79. I always struck out. I don't know if he ever signed TTM. When I made a trip up to Arlington for a Rangers-Yankees series in '77 I was able to get Jackson, Martin, Berra, and even Steinbrenner, who was at the game. No Munson, however. He wouldn't sign on the way in or out of the stadium, and didn't sign along the foul lines. I would love to get him, but prices I've seen for his sig are insane. I saw one guy on the 'bay trying to sell a signed '76 Topps for $32K. Yes, $32K. He finally dropped it down to $3,200, but I don't think it ever sold.

Most guys back then signed TTM, such as Yaz and even Ted Williams. However, Williams was tough TTM. I got him TTM back in '77 on a '76 Topps. It was probably my 5th attempt with him. Lyman Bostock, who died tragically in '78, was also an excellent signer. He was just as good as Carew was at handling the bat. If he had lived I always thought he would have made it to the HOF, but that's something we'll never know. I'm glad I have his signed 1976 Topps (his RC) in my set. If any of you want to learn a bit more about the short life of Lyman Bostock, Jr, you may want to check out the link below...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=bostock

I actually have the 76 Bostock as well, I believe. My preference would be his 78, because I like that set best for autos.

I saw a 76 Munson go for about $900 on ebay a while back. I thought that was crazy, but then again he obviously was not an easy sig when he was living either. My Munson white whale is his 71 T, although having his 70, 73 and especially his 76, 77 and 78 would be awesome too. The rest of his cards are take or leave cards for me. One of his signed 71s was listed on ebay by a great seller, but he wanted $1200. Too rich for my blood. Offered him $400 and a comment that I knew it was a low ball, but that was all I could go for it. He politely passed.

I actually have the 76 Bostock as well, I believe. My preference would be his 78, because I like that set best for autos.

I saw a 76 Munson go for about $900 on ebay a while back. I thought that was crazy, but then again he obviously was not an easy sig when he was living either. My Munson white whale is his 71 T, although having his 70, 73 and especially his 76, 77 and 78 would be awesome too. The rest of his cards are take or leave cards for me. One of his signed 71s was listed on ebay by a great seller, but he wanted $1200. Too rich for my blood. Offered him $400 and a comment that I knew it was a low ball, but that was all I could go for it. He politely passed.

$900 for a signed '76 Munson seems more realistic but still a bit high. I also have a signed '77 Bostock, but not the '78.