20 Questions contest - Round 5 LIVE...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmcjr99

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
ok , it's finally my turn to try my hand at running a little contest here on the bench.....i've toyed with various ideas for some time now and finally decided on what i want to try to do....just a simple little game of 20 questions....i will choose 1 card from my collection and the first person to identify it will win the current prize....

rules of the game :

1 - open to any member with at least 20 bench points , an overall rating of 5.0 and no special problem trader type avatar....

2 - each eligible member will be allowed ONE question per 24 hours and ONE guess for the round....if someone asks a question before their 24 hour window is up it will not be answered....(a member's guess does NOT have to be immediately after his or her own question and a member does not have to ask a question to use their one guess)

3 - all questions must be able to be answered with a simple YES or NO

4 - when a question is posted by an eligible member , please WAIT for my reply before posting another question

5 - this format will continue until 20 questions have been asked or someone has correctly identified the card

6 - the contest will be open for 48 hours after the 20th question has been answered....

7 - if no one correctly identifies the mystery card during the 48-hour window , the contest will end...i will reveal the card , choose a new mystery card , add an additional item to the prize pool , and restart the contest.....

8 - to correctly identify the card , i will need the following information : year , brand/set (including distinguishing whether it is base card , insert , or parallel) , player(s) , and card number....for example : 2011 topps a&g black mini 215 andrew mccutchen ....if the mystery card is serially numbered , i will NOT require you to guess the correct number to win....

9 - due to previous "issues" i will not answer questions regarding team colors (specifically because most teams have so many different uniforms with so many subtle shades and colorful patches that this type question really isn't useful)

if there are any questions regarding the RULES please feel free to post here or PM me....

i'll start the 5th round prize pool with a 2005 topps chrome landon powell rookie autograph....should we have no winner in this round i'll sweeten the pot....

without further ado , let the game begin....

20 questions round 5.....

edit to add : just wanted to let everyone know that any card i choose as the mystery card will be a card i own and i will try to show a scan shortly after the conclusion of the round.......

Last edited:
Is it a Rookie card?

no.....

sorry for the delay , but time warner decided to flip the main switch at the local plant just as i was about to come back and post this.....

assuming the cable stays on this time , i'll be back in 30 to answer question 5....

is it a hall of famer?

(side note)
i have been planning on doing a 20 questions contest also, lol. i'll have to wait a bit now, until yours is done :)

paul

question 7 -

is it a hall of famer?

no.....

re : your side note - i'm actually planning to do this on a rolling basis each week....i'm thinking that in MOST cases it'd take 15-20 questions to pinpoint a single card .... but then again , i may be so sneaky that the pot grows a bit :D

Last edited:

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online