$20 UD Artifacts blaster from Target, potential MOJO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadCub

Pro
4.80 star(s)
Here a good one that you don`t hear every day
I bought a blaster of 13-14 UD Artifacts Hockey and after opening the packs saw I had pulled NONE of the inserts or otherwise...thinking this a flop...I began to catalog the cards only to see that 13 of the cards had Congratulations you have received an autograph card of said player...but there was no autograph...needless to say I am on the horn with Upper Deck to see what can be done.....here`s hoping for them to go good for their mixup
the cards:Mike Richards, Mike Gartner, Milan Hejduk, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Valtteri Filppula, Scott Neidermayer, Mats Sundin, Jonathan Toews, Jay Boumeester, Bryan Trottier, Brayden Schenn, Brad Marchand, Bob Nystrom. UD is asking for all the typical info, (receipt, NPC, hologram.......not bad for a $20 Target blaster

I tried going back and getting more of the boxes to no avail....UD has issued a Case Number and I have sent them back, I'll keep everyone in the loop on what comes of it

If you get autographs of all these players from the so-called 'blaster' you may want to stop busting hobby for life. haha

Congratulations!

Also, if you get back any Capitals, let me know, I may become interested!

Well UD has them in hand, I opened another box and got a Taylor Hall and James Neal the same way....what a great Christmas gift that would be....all those nice AUs....

Another guy I have heard of had the same thing happen and UD supposedly is only going to give him 3 AUs and the rest replaced with base cards of the "error" cards, their response....you should never have gotten that kind of collation in retail.....I sure hope they don't use that lame excuse on me.....I will keep everyone posted on this one.....it's poor form if they do not try and fix this one...if only to save face

Another guy I have heard of had the same thing happen and UD supposedly is only going to give him 3 AUs and the rest replaced with base cards of the "error" cards, their response....you should never have gotten that kind of collation in retail.....I sure hope they don't use that lame excuse on me.....I will keep everyone posted on this one.....it's poor form if they do not try and fix this one...if only to save face

Even if you get 3 autos in return,is it really that bad? You only opened a blaster and the odds of getting 1 auto from one of those is an achievement.

agreed to a point bblair_2002, but when you get cards that are marked as autographs, you should get autographs....the fact that they were collated as they were is obviously a QC issue at UD, but not for the given collector to endure...

One can hope, another guy on Sportcardforum is getting all kinds of hassle getting any satisfaction....initially I got some twit at UD tell me that there is no guarantee of AU in packs blah blah blah......that was not my point....the fact is that I got unsigned cards that has rear markings that said congrats.....I persisted and actually got a name to call back if I am not satisfied or have any questions.....if all I get is 3 measly crap AUs after this being THEIR screwup...I will not be amused...I understand collation and all that .....it would just be nice to get a sweet customer service experience in this situation.....we'll see...

well, I got my reply back from UD, not the worst I coulda made out... LOL
These are the cards I send back and the second list is what they sent me....still not too bad for $20...
#8 Bob Nystrom
#10 Brad Marchand
#11 Brayden Schenn
#13 Bryan Trottier
#33 James Neal
#38 Jay Boumeester
#42 Jonathan Toews I received an SP Authentic Sign of the Times AU from 09-10
#56 Mats Sundin
#64 Mike Gartner
#68 Mike Richards
#69 Milan Hejduk
#76 Oliver Ekman-Larsson
#90 Scott Neidermayer
#93 Taylor Hall
#97 Valtteri Filppula

I instead got the following 2008-09 Artifact AutoFacts
Johnny Boychuk
Casey Borer
Matt Lashoff
Kyle Chipchura
T.J. Hensick
Andrew Raycroft
Niklas Kronwall
Peter Budaj
Jack Skille
Jack Johnson
Alexandre Picarde
Eric Nystrom
Kyle Calder
Steve Downie

Not the worst? You got 15 autographs from a $20 blaster. I would be bouncing off the ceiling... especially with the Toews