2001 Donruss Stat Line question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottzoe

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Hi guys,
I just picked up a lot of 2001 Donruss Stat Line (Career and Season). These cards were all serial numbered in packs, but the lot I picked up has no serial numbers. My questions are...

Where did they come from?
Did Donruss have some un-numbered cards, set aside as replacement cards?
..I think this is the nost likely scenario...

Were there some issued without serial numbers?
...I think probably not...

Is someone out there print really good fakes?
...for $1, this is unlikely...

Any thoughts or info would be appreciated,

Thanks,
Scott

Checking Beckett online pricing...it appears that all should have numbers on the back...you might be able to check with Donruss/Pannini. You might have some extras, that were be held incase there were damaged cards and someone snuck(?) out.
Bob

I think these were all factory replacements that showed up after the bankruptcy. I've picked up a few of the bagwells along with some of the other insert sets that were numbered.

Dan

I think these were all factory replacements that showed up after the bankruptcy. I've picked up a few of the bagwells along with some of the other insert sets that were numbered.

Dan

Also picked up a few some time ago.....This was the big question when these cards were first hitting the Market....fake or real or what? Best regards, David

Good thoughts, guys...I know Fleer had a recent bankruptcy, but I thought the Donruss bankruptcy was back in 1998. Was there a more recent one, or perhaps they cleaned house when Panini took over...

Kighttime got his after Donruss went out of business...that said, the 1999 Football Stat/Career Lines came in #'d versions and no serial #d ERROR versions.

Like Jaderock said above, ebay member "Knighttime" has several 2001 Donruss Class of '01 cards I need to finish that set. However, they are unnumbered - and the cards I need are numbered /625.

These cards are legit, they are just replacements that were never used. They are super oddball items for player/team/set collectors, but I wouldn't use Beckett pricing for the pack pulled version as a guide, since the unnumbered cards complicate the actual print runs.

Tim

Thanks guys,
That's a lot of good info!
I had picked up a lot of just Red Sox, so I'm not worried about trade/sale value, these are for my PC, I had just been wondering about their origins.

Scott

Yeah I had gotten a 2001 Maddux Stat Line that was unnumbered as well...I had wondered the same as you when I got it, because for sure I thought it was numbered.

With home digital printers getting better each passing year. You could reproduce cards. Not for a buck. You need the same paper. Fat chance you could get it, second if you try to pass as real you get caught there are infrinegment right. It is not worth it.