2007 Topps Series 2 Rack Boxes (Did I get a good deal?)

Loyalty32

5.00 star(s)
As most of you around here know, I don't bust packs/boxes any more. I'm just a regular old player collector now (Andre Dawson incase you forgot!). My wife and I hit the local flea market today to see if we could find a deal or two.

I was really hoping to find something of Trot Nixon that my man weegee doesn't have. He hooked me up with a nice Dawson a couple weeks ago. I didn't have any luck in that department, but I did happen to stumble across a table where a guy had some loose singles and a few boxes of "junk wax".

As I was walking away I noticed two bigger boxes that were still sealed. They were 2007 Topps Series 2 Rack Pack Boxes. Both were Hobby Boxes. They were marked at $12 each and I asked if he would take $20 for the pair and he agreed. I have to assume it was a good deal since each box has 24 packs with 22 card per pack. I'm just not sure how good since I don't buy packs/boxes. Did I get a good enough deal to flip them or should I bust'em?

Thanks
Craig

*Anything good in these? I don't have Beckett OLPG any more and I only have an Annual from 2005...

slavlite

5.00 star(s)
Are there Inserts In rack packs? if they are hobby they would have Dice-K RC's and possibly DiceK RC variations, Think those would be the best possible pulls as far as base cards go

sandman43103

5.00 star(s)
From Dave and Adam's:

"Look for all three versions of the Daisuke Matsuzaka rookies, Japanese, and the short printed English white and red backs!!!

Look for insert sets, including Autographs, Game-Used Relics, and the continuation of the Mickey Mantle, Josh Gibson, and Alex Rodriguez Home Run History sets."

Sounds like you got a good deal. Doesn't mention gold cards, but I would imagine those are in there, too.

Loyalty32

5.00 star(s)
The only thing it really mentions on the boxes other than the fact that they are Hobby Rack Packs is that included 1 per Rack Pack are Rack Pack Exclusive Rookie Stars Cards. (10 total cards in the set)

Thanks
Craig

Loyalty32

5.00 star(s)
97honda - Thanks for that info! I agree not much point after shipping...

mlbme22 - I think I just might. My wife has been bugging me all night about opening them. She misses opening packs more than I do!

Thanks
Craig

otgoal

5.00 star(s)
There are also some no signature variations.
411 Jason Bay
437 Paul LoDuca
481 Jim Thome
630 D. Matsuzaka
634 A. Gordon
660 Y. Molina

Last edited:

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Wow Craig...all these great deals you are finding. I know you mentioned to me a while back where this flea market is, but care to remind me? Love going to places like that and just poking around.

Loyalty32

5.00 star(s)
I went to the BIG Flea Market at the Fair Grounds today. There used to be 50-60 dealers easy. Now your lucky if you see 10. Most of them are stuck in the 80's on pricing. There are a couple good guys out there. I just never find anything because I only collect Dawson. However, I did find a 1986 Fleer Dawson with a Psalms 103 Inscription on it for $5. I already had one signed but without an inscription. I've actually never seen Dawson inscribe a bible verse. So I had to grab it!

Thanks
Craig

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Man, that is this weekend?? It's ALWAYS on the weekend that I work. I've been wanting to go to that thing for literally five years and have never been off when it was going on. I'm hoping I can get down to the one they have around Christmas. Not going to hold my breath on any good cards with good pricing, but I just like to look at all the stuff people drag out to those things! Never know what you'll find....

negreyjr

5.00 star(s)
Craig, I wouldn't mind trying to put together a 2007 Topps set. If you break those, let me know -- I might be willing to take some of the base off of your hands. I don't know that I have much Andre Dawson to trade, but I'll take a look.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Loyalty32

5.00 star(s)
Jeremy - I'm working on getting everything sorted so I can post a thread here with the contents. I'll drop you a PM just before I do so.

Thanks
Craig

Loyalty32

5.00 star(s)
I decided to go head and open them both. My wife got one and I got one. Nothing big, but it was fun. It had been a LONG time since I opened a box! I just posted everything *HERE*

Thanks
Craig