2008 Rookie Draft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
This sunday is the only time I have to run the rookie draft.

2008 Rookie Draft will take place on Sunday 4/29/12 at 6:00 PM central time in the BSL Bench Chat room

This sunday is the only time I have to run the rookie draft.

2008 Rookie Draft will take place on Sunday 4/29/12 at 6:00 PM central time in the BSL Bench Chat room

I know it has been asked , but the order is the reverse of last years final standings , or the current standings? thanks Pat

Pat You can view the Draft Order in software.

BSL drop down menu (at the top) > Draft Pool

On the draft pool page the upper part has some different red tabs

Click on draft order. There is the list. remember that after the first round there is a round of supplemental picks due to Type A or B Free agent losses.

I may be an idiot, but looking at the draft order in the game Toronto doesn't get a draft pick in round one and Arizona gets two first rounders. Why?

Yeah, I just cant figure out why Arizona got pick 25 in the first round and not LAA.

Toronto signed Higgins after LAA offered Arb and he walked, So it seems to me that LAA should have gotten Toronto's 1st round pick(#25 as well as a sandwich pick) I see LAA has 2 Sandwich Picks, But I cant find the Type A player that Arizona lost that would have given him #25 Pick in round 1. Unless LAA signed a Type A FA that AZ was letting go?

EDIT: Possib;y because he was able to sign Cunningham in Free Agency anyways? I still cant find the Type A guy that AZ would have lost to Toronto though to warrant AZ getting torontos 1st round

Last edited:
Yeah, I just cant figure out why Arizona got pick 25 in the first round and not LAA.

Toronto signed Higgins after LAA offered Arb and he walked, So it seems to me that LAA should have gotten Toronto's 1st round pick(#25 as well as a sandwich pick) I see LAA has 2 Sandwich Picks, But I cant find the Type A player that Arizona lost that would have given him #25 Pick in round 1. Unless LAA signed a Type A FA that AZ was letting go?

EDIT: Possib;y because he was able to sign Cunningham in Free Agency anyways? I still cant find the Type A guy that AZ would have lost to Toronto though to warrant AZ getting torontos 1st round

Better you than me...I have hard enough time keeping my own stuff straight let alone the league stuff :)

I will be out Sunday afternoon so have sent a list just in case I don't get home in time (should be but you never know). Draft pool seemed a little weak to me this year.

I also agree with Steph, I have a hard enough time keeping up with my team let alone worry about an entire league. I along with everyone else (I would imagine) appreciates your hard work to make this league exciting and fun!! Thank you!!!

That is the million dollar question??? I tried to figure it out also and it does not compute.. I figured that I would loss my first 2 round picks and got 1 back in the supplemental..

That is the million dollar question??? I tried to figure it out also and it does not compute.. I figured that I would loss my first 2 round picks and got 1 back in the supplemental..

MR Hector Vargas (ARZ MR signed by OAK) was a Type A, but I have not yet figured out the math of how the Toronto #25 was awarded for him.

It is a very screwy tier system. There also is no 2nd round supplemental yet so if I had to guess it is not yet finalized by the game.

According to the email i got in the system dated 12/1/08 Higgins being signed by Toronto..i was just to receive a supplemental draft pick i wasn't to receive pick #25..and also receive a supplemental draft pick after the Mariners signed Josh Towers..i have picks 7 and 13 in the supplemental draft.

MR Hector Vargas (ARZ MR signed by OAK) was a Type A, but I have not yet figured out the math of how the Toronto #25 was awarded for him.

It is a very screwy tier system. There also is no 2nd round supplemental yet so if I had to guess it is not yet finalized by the game.

MR Hector Vargas (ARZ MR signed by OAK) was a Type A,

This is the guy I lost and the message I received said I was to receive Oaklands 1st round pick and a pick in the supplemental round for him being signed. :confused: