2008 Topps Premiere Quad auto Red. Need opinions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLBOSCH

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
Hey guys, I don't post on here very often, but need your best judgements/opinions on a card I just purchased. The card in question is a 2008 Yopps Rookie Premiere quad red auto of Ray Rice, Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles, and Steve Slaton. Here's the link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-TOPSS-...LcbY2KyFmhy5vNoPiayhk%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I've heard and read that these cards were notorious for being forged/faked? I have and have had numerous auto of all the above mentioned players except Slaton and they look legit. Could you please give me your best opinions of this card? I've contacted the seller already. I'll have to also ask him if I get it graded and comes back fake for a refund. Anyway all opinions and comments are welcome.

Where did you hear that 2008 were notorious for fakes? I recall there were issues in 2006 (for no holograms) and 2007 (red ink fakes), but I don't remember any for 2008. Only slight controversy might be the number of red ink autos, as Topps didn't release print runs at the time..?