2008 UD Heroes Set- What should I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baberuth#3

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Hi, I have an 08 UD Heroes (Baseball) complete set 1-200 and I was wondering what you guys think would be the best way to trade it. If I break up the set, I might have $75-$100+ worth of cards (the set is only worth $50) but Im not sure I want to break it up and how many people even need 08 Heroes cards now anyway? If you were to have this set or if you do, what would you do?

-Curtis

Honestly, as much of the product that has been busted/will continue to be busted.........there are too many base cards out there to get good value out of (as a set or broken up). In other words, almost everyone that wants the base cards already have them.

I'd keep the set.

Tim

Thanks, Tim, but the problem is, I already have a complete set for myself, forgot to mention that. If you mean keep it until people do need them, that is an idea...

Last edited:
I'd trade the set to someone who might want it. You already have another so whatever you get is a bonus, in my opinion.

Matt

Thanks, Tim, but the problem is, I already have a complete set for myself, forgot to mention that. If you mean keep it until people do need them, that is an idea...

Given that info......then, yes, I would trade it as a set only. If you do not get what you want now, wait a few years until some of the now 8-10 year-olds come into their own and collect. You can trade them a set that was extremely popular - filled with stars and hofers. It'll hold its book value......no worries with that. Another idea: when I have busted massive product in the past (2000 Ultimate Victory & 2001 UD Prospect Premieres comes to mind), I have actually given away sets to close friends as Christmas and birthday gifts. Super nice gift, something you put together by hand, and it's a gift they can always keep.

Tim

Tim- I actually don't have any collecting friends but I might keep it a couple years and then trade it.

Trade it as a set-2
Break it up and trade individually-0

Still looking for a couple more opinions, folks.

Trade it as a set all the way:) So many singles of this product around very few will need base for player or other types of collections.

I am going to save the set until demand is higher than supply and then, depending on how BV stands, I will decide how to trade it.

Thanks for the input, guys!