2009 SP Legendary Cuts Mystery Cuts frustration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assuming they did in fact redeem the cards you mentioned, then I don't see how your example and this are similar. They didn't promise you a specific player or level of player. You weren't buying a V6 only to receive a 4 cylinder. You were buying a chance at a V6. You expect a mystery cut, of which it might be King Tut, but then again it could be Tom Cheney. You still made the assumption that it would be more like Tut than Cheney, but there was no reason for you to do that other than your own expectations and wishful thinking based on sample names from a partial list.

Of course, I am directing this more at the fool who made the video rather than you, because you have yet to ever get yours and for all we know, it could be something really cool. I wouldn't mind having a Cheney auto now that I know who he was. Maybe I will go out and find a nice vintage sig card now.

You know me, over the years I have purchases several cases and a ton of single boxes. That was until 2007 in which I just bought a case of legendary cuts from 07-09 and a handfull of other boxes. Now I just focus on singles instead of wasting my money on the chase and get low-end GU and unknown rookies or semi-star players. The way the prices increased and the quantity and sometimes quality decreased I just gave up.

I relate this whole redemption situation to going to a car lot to purchase a V6 sportscar because that is what they are advertising. But when you buy the car and deliever it all they have is a Ford Pinto or a Gremlin. The company did not mention anything about the switch and feel you recieved the top quality product that you thought you were getting. Not to mention it took them 18 months to build and deliver it compacted with a series of lies and retractions even though it was supposed to be there in 6-8 weeks.

I am not complaining just stating a fact. Horrible customer service with all of the misleadings and broken promises. However, they did send out the jumbo patch cards to everyone that redeemed their cards early on. Things like this is why UD is not the company it used to be.

Assuming they did in fact redeem the cards you mentioned, then I don't see how your example and this are similar. They didn't promise you a specific player or level of player. You weren't buying a V6 only to receive a 4 cylinder. You were buying a chance at a V6. You expect a mystery cut, of which it might be King Tut, but then again it could be Tom Cheney. You still made the assumption that it would be more like Tut than Cheney, but there was no reason for you to do that other than your own expectations and wishful thinking based on sample names from a partial list.

Of course, I am directing this more at the fool who made the video rather than you, because you have yet to ever get yours and for all we know, it could be something really cool. I wouldn't mind having a Cheney auto now that I know who he was. Maybe I will go out and find a nice vintage sig card now.

The initial checklist was stacked. But UD pulled that one in late 2009 and said there was a new one, now they will not even say what it is. So yes, my example was relevant given UD put out one checklist (i.e. the V6) and have supplanted that with mediocre type cuts with about ten "hits". Of course there will always be big hits and duds but when you view the original checklist the expectations were completely different than the realized product. Again, I can care less because the regular cuts I got were horrible anyway. It is either going in my PC or trade bait just like everything else.

Take care,
Dewayne