2009 Topps U&H Cards without Silver on the name

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OriolesFan8

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I bought a few loose packs of 2009 Topps U&H tonight, pulled 3 cards in each pack that have no silver in the name. The indention is there, but no silver. The remainder of the card is fine.

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Just wondering if anyone else has come upon these.

Todd

I have in other brands and years... just a common printing mishap. Some go for decent money if you find the right player collector.

I have a few like this also... looks like the "ink" or whatever it is, didn't stick when they pressed the cards??

Christopher

Those were once simple print errors that were commonly considered junk to most collectors. However, Thomas NNOF, 82 Topps blackless, Alex Gordon cut out and a few others have made all of those "potential" gold mines.

Now any sort of freak printing or cutting error is considered a possible variation.

Yea, I think they are just printing errors. I don't think they are any short prints because it really makes the name hard to read and a bad look for the cards.

Those were once simple print errors that were commonly considered junk to most collectors. However, Thomas NNOF, 82 Topps blackless, Alex Gordon cut out and a few others have made all of those "potential" gold mines.

Now any sort of freak printing or cutting error is considered a possible variation.

Printing error

Yea, I think they are just printing errors. I don't think they are any short prints because it really makes the name hard to read and a bad look for the cards.

Yea, I didn't think it was anything rare, just curious if anyone else was experiencing this problem. Probably similiar to the 2009 Topps Chrome refractors with the black all over them. I guess I'll send the Chrome and Update back at the same time.

Thanks,

Todd