2009 Topps Update Variations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dankir96

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I found a listing on eBay for ALL 25 VARIATION cards for 2009 Topps Update.

Ruth - Red Sox
Ruth - Braves
Snider
B. Jackson
Ryan - Angels
Ryan - Mets
Henderson
Cobb
Molitor
Boggs
Hornsby
Sandberg
Wagner
Speaker
Mathewson
Young
Mize - Giants
Maris
Mize - Yankees
R. Jackson - Angels
R. Jackson - A's
McCovey
Foxx
Robinson
Sisler

If you notice, there are two versions for Ruth, Ryan, Mize & Jackson. From what I can tell, the players that have two versions also have the same card number.

Can anyone else shed some light on these variation cards?

That seems right. Similar to how they did it for series 1 and 2. As for the numbering, there will also be base cards of the same number that are current players. I pulled the Red Sox Ruth so I am very happy. Generally I do not like this concept. I only have a few from series 1 and 2. They are just more chase cards to try to get people to buy more packs, boxes etc.

Thanks,

Jeff

I know about the BASE cards having the same numbers too. I find it strange that there are two Babe Ruth #330 cards (at least that's what I think).

I have ALL the variation cards from series 1 & 2 and I'm debating if I should go after all 25 cards for the update set.

I dont think its strange. Same # for the same player. That said - I think the whole concept is strange. I dont have all of the series 1 and 2 but if I were in your position with all of them I would probably go after all of them in the Update set as well.

Thanks,

Jeff

I dont think its strange. Same # for the same player. That said - I think the whole concept is strange. I dont have all of the series 1 and 2 but if I were in your position with all of them I would probably go after all of them in the Update set as well.

Thanks,

Jeff

I'm leaning towards collecting ALL of the Update variations too for that exact reason.