2010 "Benchies" Official Rules and entry guidlines! *UPDATE*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Due to outside interference, I have not been able to build the brackets for voting to start this weekend. The new entry deadline is Friday Sept 10th. I will have the voting go live next weekend. There is still room in all of the divisions and now more time to enter!

Announcing the 2010 "Benchie" awards! The same basic rules apply FOR ALL DIVISIONS The divisions for the 2010 Benchies are: Best Super Collector, Best Player Collector, Best Team Collector, Best Set collector, Best Themed Collection, Best Vintage, Modern, Graded, and Football cards. The two new divisions for this year are: Best Non-Sport card and Best Modern Set. Again, the same base rules apply to all divisions. Please feel free to ask questions, but for the most part, most of your questions are answered in the FAQ or looking at last year's winning entries.

All divisions are open to any member with at least 20+ trades, a 5.0 trader rating. The contest will be a head-to-head, single elimination bracket style tournament with each match-up voted on by YOU, the members of The Bench community! Anyone including contestants can vote for anyone including themselves. Only one vote may be cast per member, per match-up, per round. Please vote for every match-up, not just the one you are in. Again this year there will be a different sub-forum for each division with each match-up in a head-to-head poll thread. The field for each division will be limited on a first come, first served basis so send me your entry soon! Each round of voting will last approximately 1 week. I will then lock the current polls/match-up and create new polls with the winners moving on the next round. Even though this will be a multi-week contest, I will not have the time to update stats and entries. What you enter at the start is what you run with for as long as you are in the contest. Please PM me with your entry, do not post them here. While pics are encouraged (and fun to look at), other than the single card divisions, no individual pics are to be included in any other division entry. Rather, post all of the pics of your collection into a photobucket or personal webpage. Then, include that link/address in your actual entry.

Your entry for the 2010 Best Player Super Collector must include the following information:
Your member name
Player collected
basic stats
link to website

Please CLICK HERE to see what last year's winning entry looked like.

Your entry for the 2010 Best Player Collector must include the following information:
Your member name
Player collected
basic stats
link to website

Your entry for the 2010 Best Team Collector must include the following information:
Your member name
Team collected
basic stats
link to website

Your entry for the 2010 Best Set Collector must include the following information:
Your member name
Sets collected/basic stats
link to website

Your entry(ies) for any 2010 Best *** Card must include the following information:

Your member name
Card year/issue/player description
link to or image of your card

Please CLICK HERE to see what a winning entry from last year looked like.

Your entry for the 2010 Best Theme Collector must include the following information:

Your member name
Theme collected:
***This can be anything from a ***** league collection, AAGPBA collection, TTM collection, HOF collection, HOF Auto collection, 500 Homerun club collection, autos from every player of the fist pro game you attended, autograph baseballs collection, Game used bat collection, Pennants, Yearbooks, whatever as long as it is all related to your Theme
basic stats
link to website

Please CLICK HERE to see what the three-time defending champ's theme entry looked like.

For purposes of the new division, Best Modern Set, I consider anything from 1980 to the present to be modern. The idea here is not to show off your complete 1989 Topps base set. Rather we are looking for those hard to get sets. For example, Bowman International Refractor set, a complete set of whatever player HRH or MM, a complete Greats of the Game auto set, a set with every card serially # less than 100. These sets MUST be complete and should be something that was challenging to chase and a relief to finish.
You entry for the 2010 Best Modern set must include the following information:

Your member name:
Set collected example 1999 Bowman International Refractor set
Link to photobucket or web site with scans.

The prize will be bragging rites, the joy of knowing that other members think your collection and cards rock and a banner/tag in your profile "2010 Benchie winner: Best ***.

So update those buckets and websites, PM me your entries and lets have some fun!

Tal

Last edited:
Hi! Would my rainbow auto of Ken Griffey jr. 2008 ud heroes ....but the best theme catagory? Best regards, David

Yeah, I would call that a theme collection.

There is still lots of spaces available! A couple of divisions only have 1 or 2 entries so far!

Tal

Hey Tal,
can we have two entries? I have a HOF Auto and GU collection (which I have already submitted) and I have a Dodgers Auto and GU collection. can i submit both collections or just one? thanks.
Elbert

I assume that since my 87 Topps and Topps Traded signed set isn't complete it would be submitted under the theme collection category?

Hey Tal,
can we have two entries? I have a HOF Auto and GU collection (which I have already submitted) and I have a Dodgers Auto and GU collection. can i submit both collections or just one? thanks.
Elbert

You can enter in all of the divisions, but you may only enter once in each one.

I assume that since my 87 Topps and Topps Traded signed set isn't complete it would be submitted under the theme collection category?

Yes, this should be entered as a theme and not under the Best modern set as it is not complete.

Tal

The entry deadline is August 31st! I will have the first round of voting start on Labor Day weekend. There is still tons of room left in all divisions. As of right now it is a very small field for this year's Benchies.

hey can i enter my diamondbacks banner signed by NFL (former eagles star) donaven Mcnabb. If so let me know which category to put it in, is there anything like a unique item category

can i enter memorabila of aaron hicks as a player collector?
i dont have any cards of him but i got around 30 8x10s 5 16x20's and some game used stuff

Just wanted to check that you got my entry? I don't mean to push or anything, but with the deadline only a few days away I figure I should make sure it's in. Thanks!