2010 Heritage - MLB

hdjstuff

5.00 star(s)
2010 Heritage - MLB​

24 packs // 8 cards per pack PLUS gum!
'Look For A Real One Autograph or Relic Card in Every Box'

I received the following:

140 unique base cards (140/425 32.9% of base set)

This issue of Heritage seems to mimic the 61 set exactly - even the card stock is very similar. The front is a staged photo (non action - most but not 100%) and the reverse is chocked full of info - including complete pro stats, 2 or 3 cartoon panels with highlights, and personal stats.

I was very glad to get no duplicates in this box - for a set builder/collector - that is good.

Inserts

8 Short Prints

Very easy to distinguish this year. The backs are white and inserted 1 in 3 packs, however, there are 75 SP's in this set.... that's about 10 boxes to just have the opportunity to get the 75 SP's needed for the set. I would also like to point out that the SP's are at the end of the set #426 thru #500 which allows the ones that don't want to chase the SP's to get a complete base set.

Chrome and Refractor Parallels

Chrome #ed to 1961
C3 Davis
C23 Happ
C44 Bumgarner
C49 Holliday

Refractors #ed to 561
C16 Sandoval
C45 Escobar

I commend anyone chasing the 100 card set of refractors.... heck of a chase!

New Age Performers
Then & Now

NAP
8 Jeter
15 Fielder

Then & Now
7 Ford / Verlander
10 Ford / Halladay

Ruth Chase & Flashbacks

6 Ruth Chase cards

4 Flashback
1 Maris
3 Chimp
6 Candlestick Park
10 Cobb

Box Toppers

If I have a gripe -- here it is.... what in the heck are we supposed to do with the 3 cards in one? I know of no one who collects them, or has a way to display them, or has anything special to store them in. AND IF I had been the fortunate one to have pulled the '61 Mantle from my box, and if it had been stamped with the silver 50th Anniversary stamp... I would have been ticked!! Please don't continue to ruin good cards with the silly stamp. Design a wrapper for the card with the 50th Anniversary sticker on it....
Rant completed... now back to the regularly scheduled review.

Game Used

Kerry Wood g/u jersey

Well again this year, Topps has a winner on it's hands. Lots of folks here on The Bench are collecting the set and many are attempting the master set of base, SP and inserts.

I do believe that there are a few too many SP's in the set. 50 might be a very good number. Even with 50, and attempting to purchase them on the 'bay, one will end up paying at least $2.50 each and some much more. I also like the facts that they are at the end of the set and easily distinguishable with the white backs.

Overall grade A

Go buy several boxes and send all of the Rays Chromes and Refractors to me!

Duane

XZYXZY

5.00 star(s)
If you are trading it, can use the Jeter NAP ang anyother Jeters
except for #215, that you pulled. Let me know.

Thanks.

hdjstuff

5.00 star(s)
xyz - NAP Jeter is yours.

89 G - Candlestick is yours.... Bumgarner and Pablo... I can trade for them..... do you have any of the 2010 Hertiage?

Myer - Kaz is yours.

Duane

89Giants

5.00 star(s)
xyz - NAP Jeter is yours.

89 G - Candlestick is yours.... Bumgarner and Pablo... I can trade for them..... do you have any of the 2010 Hertiage?

Myer - Kaz is yours.

Duane

Duane,
havent opened any heritage. I found these of guys you collect:
teixiera 09 topps unique red /1199
towles 08 topps gold /2008
crawford 08 bc refractor

Anything else you are looking for? I have some 07 topps heritage sps.
LMK. Thanks

daktion

5.00 star(s)
Nice review Duane. I agree 100% about the 50th ann. stamp. Just ridiculous!

Pull any of these?

6 133 168 208 231 300 307 326 369 375 394 470

Thanks, Brett

NYY1

5.00 star(s)
I feel the same way with those stamped vintage. I think it ruins the value of the card. If anything, they should just frame them like they do with the Allen & Ginters.

The box topper wouldn't be bad for TTM. LaRussa and Dempster are good signers.

tugboat2648

5.00 star(s)
Did you pull any Ryan Braun or Prince Fielder? I have a 2010 Heritage Chrome Ben Zobrist /1961 that Id be happy to send you if you want it
thanks

Last edited:

roywhitby

5.00 star(s)
I agree on the amount of SP's. I am still trying to collect 2008 Heritage plus the high #'s set. I find it has been hard to trade for SP's and I'm not sure I want to spend the dough to finish the set.