2010 Legends Customs

elmesero5

Pro
4.70 star(s)
Hey guys,
I have come up with a new idea for a set of customs I'm going to make. I'm fascinated by the history and tradition of the game of baseball even though I'm only 21. I have started making a set of legends customs to send to be signed TTM that currently includes the following:

1-Virgil "Fire" Trucks
2-John "Windy" McCall (also part of another project)
3-Don Money (also part of another project)
4-Hal Naragon
5-Bob Friend

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for other legendary or older players that could make a nice addition to this set. Thanks for you input. I can get the pictures up if anyone would like to see them. Thanks guys and Happy New Year! :D

Arron

basebal1fan

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I think it would be a great idea to add John "Mule" Miles. He played in the Negro leagues on the Chicago American Giants from 1946-1949. I've had the honor of meeting and having (a three hour :D ) lunch with him and he's an awesome guy! Also, he signs great TTM, I've sent him letters (he's kind of like a pen pal) and he always responds within 10 days or so. He also hit 8 homers in 8 straight games, so I would call that a feat.

Last edited:

johnmulemiles

Bench Warmer
I think it would be a great idea to add John "Mule" Miles. He played in the Negro leagues on the Chicago American Giants from 1946-1949. I've had the honor of meeting and having (a three hour :D ) lunch with him and he's an awesome guy! Also, he signs great TTM, I've sent him letters (he's kind of like a pen pal) and he always responds within 10 days or so. He also hit 8 homers in 8 straight games, so I would call that a feat.

I agree, Mr. Miles is a great signer and he is one of the nicest guys out there!

elmesero5

Pro
4.70 star(s)
Hey guys
I thought y'all might be interested to see the pictures of the first 6 that I have made.

First6LegendsSamp.jpg

And also I found a good picture to use for "Mule" Miles but I looked for about 2 hours last night and I cant for the life of me find a good picture of a Chicago American Giants logo to put behind him. I found the National Negro League Museum log but I only wanted to use that as a last resort. It wasn't personal enough to him. And then I saw on his wikipedia page that in 2008 he was symbolically drafted by the Mariners so I thought about using a Mariners logo but I thought it'd be stupid because he didn't actually play for them. Any help or ideas would be great. Thanks so much guys and have a happy New Year! :D

Arron

basebal1fan

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Wow, those look awesome! I found 1 on this site. It's pretty small, scroll down a little and you'll find it. Good luck with the set!

http://www.logoserver.com/Negro.html

Hey guys
I thought y'all might be interested to see the pictures of the first 6 that I have made.

First6LegendsSamp.jpg

And also I found a good picture to use for "Mule" Miles but I looked for about 2 hours last night and I cant for the life of me find a good picture of a Chicago American Giants logo to put behind him. I found the National Negro League Museum log but I only wanted to use that as a last resort. It wasn't personal enough to him. And then I saw on his wikipedia page that in 2008 he was symbolically drafted by the Mariners so I thought about using a Mariners logo but I thought it'd be stupid because he didn't actually play for them. Any help or ideas would be great. Thanks so much guys and have a happy New Year! :D

Arron

metrotheme

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
The Philadelphia A's historical society made up a similar set with their Diamond Signatures set, however, they only sell the set with the cards already autographed by the players.
Why don't you try for a set of player that either were award winners? (All-Stars, MVP's, Cy Young, Rookie of The Year, Gold Gloves, etc.)

johnmulemiles

Bench Warmer
Hey guys

First6LegendsSamp.jpg

Arron

very nice! good luck!

elmesero5

Pro
4.70 star(s)
Hey guys,
Thanks for all your help and feedback. I really appreciate it. I just finished the custom for "Mule" Miles last night and I wanted to post it so that y'all could see it and tell me what you think of it. All criticism and feedback is welcome.

MuleSample.jpg

Thanks!
Arron

basebal1fan

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Awesome! If you send it to him, I'm sure he'll be really happy to see it. When I met him, he was talking about TTMing and how he gets so many A&G's and how he just loves getting mail, so that will be great. Good luck, I'm sure you won't have any problems getting it signed. He's a great signer and usually takes about a week. If you need the address, send me a PM.

Hey guys,
Thanks for all your help and feedback. I really appreciate it. I just finished the custom for "Mule" Miles last night and I wanted to post it so that y'all could see it and tell me what you think of it. All criticism and feedback is welcome.

Thanks!
Arron