Review 2010 Magic Football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2010 Magic Football

24 packs per box - 8 cards per pack
3 Autograph Cards in Every Box!

I received the following:

155 unique base cards - 62.5% of the set of 248 - excellent!!
jpg149-1.jpg

The base cards are 'photo/art' cards. The front features an action shot and the reverse has a synopsis of a highlight of the player's college or pro career. In addition, on the reverse, the reader is asked a question with the answer on the card - in reverse - pretty cool.

The purchaser will also receive a mini card in each pack.

jpg150-1.jpg

I received 19 regular base versions.

and

4 black bordered along with one #ed to just 50!

jpg152.jpg

#ed card - Rashad Jennings

Inserts

Magical Moments
T. Owens
W. Welker
J. Charles
P. Manning
T. Brady
E. Dumervil

History's Best
R. Lewis
P. Manning

Rookie Stars
CJ Spiller
J. McKnight
N. Suh
R. McClain

jpg151-1.jpg

3 Autographs

jpg153.jpg

Brian Brohm
Derek Anderson
Juaquin Iglesias

This is a solid issue for Topps. Most collectors should be able to find something to collect - the player collector can chase the mini, the black mini, the numbered mini, and the various 1/1's. I also like the inclusion of the veterans of the NFL - Jim Brown, Hornung, Elway, E. Smith, Marino, to name a few - the youngsters need to be constantly reminded of the rich history of the sport.

One should be able to complete most of the set with only 2-3 boxes. This is do-able and will allow for extras for trading.

The autos are all stickers..... need I say more? I will say the cards are designed for the sticker - I do wish the sticker was embedded in the card and not just stuck on.

Overall grade A- need a little work on the auto'd cards....

Go buy several boxes and send the Tebow cards to me - I did not get even one in this box:eek: !!

Duane

nice break, i think they should of stuck with the college uniforms, i liked the looks of the cards last year

Sweet....would love the Suh......

Butttttttttttttt.....let me send you something, Duane...please!!

Lmk via pm.....I have more Bowman Platinum you may want...:D

Thanks,
Diane

Nice review Duane. Although I'm not a big fan of "photo art" cards, these look pretty cool. Would love the Marino and any of these if you pulled them.

12 39 43 77 155 219 227

-Brett

Hi Duane,

Thanks for the review! I like the look of these cards, something different. I also like that they incorporated some of the legends into the set. I'd love a chance to get any of these if you pulled them:

18, 19, 64, 71, 218

Magical Moments
P. Manning

Thanks,
John

Hi Duane,

Thanks for the review! I like the look of these cards, something different. I also like that they incorporated some of the legends into the set. I'd love a chance to get any of these if you pulled them:

18, 19, 64, 71, 218

Magical Moments
P. Manning

Thanks,
John

Coming at you:

18, 19, 71, 218

Magical Moments
P. Manning

Duane

Thanks for the review. Personally I think Topps should be ashamed of the autograph checklist in this set. Apparently they had a ton of non relevant player sticker autos left over so they used them in this set. I mean, Marc Bulger in a Ravens uni? Devin Thomas who was cut by the 'Skins before the season began, but still made his way into the set? Disgusting....