2010 starsburg auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdahlk2001

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
WOW! 350.00 they are getting for on ebay bowman auto....not even chrome....wow! not even numbered! that would be a nice pull!

That is crazy- blows my mind how much people spend on unproven rookies. In another year, that stuff will be half that price.

That is just nuts. You could get three Nolan Ryan autos and probably have enough left over for a low grade Ryan rookie for $350.

That is just nuts. You could get three Nolan Ryan autos and probably have enough left over for a low grade Ryan rookie for $350.

For a while now, I've been tempted if I pulled something like that to sell it and see what exactly I could buy. Just off the top of my head I'd be tempted to stick to pitching and just think of the possibilities. Ryan, Seaver, Carlton, Feller, Spahn, Gibson, Palmer, Jenkins, Marichal, and maybe even a low end Clemens. Another phenom comes along and you could get going on the newer guys...Maddux, Johnson, Glavine, Smoltz, Pedro....

That is crazy- blows my mind how much people spend on unproven rookies. In another year, that stuff will be half that price.

Maybe true....But Lincecum cards are still high....but two Cy Young's in three years probably has more to do with the high prices!..Best regards, David

Maybe true....But Lincecum cards are still high....but two Cy Young's in three years probably has more to do with the high prices!..Best regards, David

The 2 in 3 years has everything to do with it. Liriano's stuff tanked, Johan's stuff went down, Maddux's stuff went down, Verlander, Greinke, Kazmir, Price, Beckett, Lackey... whether it's injury, poor performance, another hot prospect coming along, a failed **** quiz, something will cause a decline in interest, and when that happens, prices drop. Pretty much any prospect not named Albert Pujols has experienced this. 98 or 99 times out of 100 if a player or prospect gets HOT, you are money ahead to sell now and look at picking him back up down the road. Even if they have a long and successful career, there will be enough lulls to make it happen.

The 2 in 3 years has everything to do with it. Liriano's stuff tanked, Johan's stuff went down, Maddux's stuff went down, Verlander, Greinke, Kazmir, Price, Beckett, Lackey... whether it's injury, poor performance, another hot prospect coming along, a failed **** quiz, something will cause a decline in interest, and when that happens, prices drop. Pretty much any prospect not named Albert Pujols has experienced this. 98 or 99 times out of 100 if a player or prospect gets HOT, you are money ahead to sell now and look at picking him back up down the road. Even if they have a long and successful career, there will be enough lulls to make it happen.
It was a joke...but I guess some people have to be serious about everything! :rolleyes:

NO PITCHER will ever remain high valued over time. Even guys like Ryan, Maddux, Clemens and such dipped significantly at some point or several points in their careers and those guys are HOFers. IF, and it's a huge IF this early in his career, this guy becomes good enough to make it a career in MLB, his cards will probably never see the peaks you'll see now. If he follows a long line of overhyped duds, then there will be a lot of embarrassed buyers out there scrambling to get some money back fast.

Sell now, buy back later if you need to.