2010 Topps Chrome Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragonslayer913

Legend
5.00 star(s)
What is going on here..i busted a box the other day and now 25 of the cards are now curled some worse than others the rest seem to be fine the cards are sitting on my computer desk with other cards

Is anyone else having this problem?

The wierd thing was when i got the box it was cold most likely from sitting inside the ups truck..i opened the box and the packs were cold while i was opening them..after a while the cards warmed up to room tempature 70 degrees fast forward to now and 25 of them decided to curl up

I took 2 cards one in a soft sleeve the other not in soft sleeve and stuck them in my freezer-I have clue why i did that i guess hoping it will some how straighten them out--I will check in the morning for the results

Also had the same problem with a few of the chrome cards. Let me know the results of your experiment. Normally place the more costly cards in plastic slevees and then into a top loader. Happy Holidays, David

Also had the same problem with a few of the chrome cards. Let me know the results of your experiment. Normally place the more costly cards in plastic slevees and then into a top loader. Happy Holidays, David

I kept the cards in the freezer for a hour or so..and when i went to get them out they seemed to almost but not completely be straighted out ...so i sat the cards on my table and within a half hour when they returned to room temp. they curled back up again.

I am going to place them in top loaders to see what happens

Best,
David

my uncle said he put the cards in the top holders and some of the cards actually curled the top holders

This seems to be a wide spread problem with the Chromes odd thing is a have 2010 Topps Chrome FB sitting on the same table and i am not having a problem one with them.

When i was living down on the Jersey shore i had problems with the cards arching (bending) but was told the reason they did that was because of the salt air...moved to northwestern PA IN 2005 and don't have a problem with my 05/06/07/08/09 Topps chromes...

I am wondering if Topps is using a different coating than they have in past years

The retail seem to be worse than the hobby i think. None are near as bad as the 2002 Topps Chrome though on the curling issue.

Dennis

The retail seem to be worse than the hobby i think. None are near as bad as the 2002 Topps Chrome though on the curling issue.

Dennis

I opened a hobby box and the problem seems just about the same..a total of 40 cards started to curl the refractors and the rc's seem to be the worse of the bunch