2010 Topps Chrome - One of the worst releases ever?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just wanted to follow up on my story here...

About 10 days ago I sent Topps 325 badly centered base cards and two empty hobby boxes w/ wrappers that were missing autos...

Today, UPS knocks on the door and hands me a huge box from Topps...

Topps wrote me a letter explaining that they could not replace my cards on a card for card basis (which I asked them not to bother doing anyways)...thankfully, they did not send any 2010 Topps Chrome (I busted two cases and have way too much already!)...Instead, they compensated we with:

2 Boxes of 2010 Bowman Chrome Value Packs - 18 Value Packs/box Value Pack = 3 packs/4 cards plus 1 pack/3 xfractors
1 Box of 2010 Bowman Chrome Retail
1 Box of 2009 Bowman Sterling
and a 2010 Topps #661 Stephen Strasburg RC

they also added the two missing autos from my cases of 2010 Topps Chrome - Allen Craig and Cesar Valdez (the guy who evidently never saw an auto card before and had to sign everything twice! I thought Topps "witnessed" these autographs, shouldn't the witness have told Mr. Valdez to sign the front of the card and not the back? I guess that's for another thread...)

This move by Topps is impressive. Their response was very quick and the compensation was more than adequate (in my opinion).

I have three sets I made from my boxes, was going to send in most of the RC's because most are offset. I guess now I will send in enough to make one good set and just part the other two.

Glad you got a good return from Topps.

Todd

I sent in a package of 25 cards that included mostly refractors and one base AUTO (Carlos Santana that was 10/90 top to bottom).

I got most of my cards back without exchange (maybe five were replaced) and the worst part of it is that my auto card was replaced with an off-center base card of Carlos Santana!

So, I lost out so far but I'm following up with them.... stay tuned.

In my reviews of Topps Chrome Baseball, Chrome Football and Bowman chrome I point out similar QC issues. I agree that the football release was a little better, but I had a couple of cards OC 90/10 and some Bowman Chrome cards have a 10-15 degree bend to them

Tal

I say we start spreading the word like wildfire on all the trading sites, all the facebooks, to every collector everywhere & NOT purchase one single 2011 case, box, or card.....see how long it will take Topps to look into their quality control then!!! Who is with me?????

Interesting. I was already thinking I was going to do that next year. I'm thinking of letting everyone else (willing to) open all the boxes and I'll just buy singles and lots I can SEE!

It'll be tough when those 2011 Topps blasters hit the shelves but I keep thinking I can do better with my $20 AND not have a bunch of singles getting stale in my trade boxes.

Wish me strength.