Review 2010 TOPPS Platinum Football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2010 TOPPS Platinum Football​

24 packs - 5 Cards per pack
'2 Rookie Autograph Refractors and 1 Autographed Patch Relic in Every Box!'

I received the following:

67 base veterans - NO dupes!! :D
jpg349.jpg

(Sorry about the scan) This issue is highly reflective. The front of the card is silver foil with an action shot of the veteran player. The reverse has 09 stats and career stats along with an assessment of his playing career and accomplishments. I like the HD pictures - very clear and sharp.

Rookie Variation Cards - Chrome
43 unique rookies - :)
jpg350.jpg

These rookie variations are part of the base set. Each has the RC designation on one corner or the other. ( I still have yet to pull a Tebow card - what is up with that???)

Inserts

Platinum Parallels
jpg351.jpg

I received only 3 of these in this box. These are the extremely thick cards - will definitely take the spokes out of a bike!! The backs of these are glossy finish - like the chrome rookie variations.

J. Dwyer
G. Tate
M. Easley

Refractors

jpg352.jpg

D. Morgan #ed to 999
CJ Spiller #ed to 999
C. Mitchell #ed to 499

Autos

Jacoby Ford #ed to 1099

Blue Refractor
Andre Roberts #ed to 599

jpg353.jpg

Auto'd Patch Relic

Ndamukong Suh - #ed to 99

jpg354.jpg

Topps Platinum NFL - I'm not sure if I really like intermixing chrome and foil in one set. Most of the time (or at least in my memory) the foils and chromes have been separate sets. Maybe this is a coming thing in the card industry - just don't know if this guy is ready for it.

The photography is excellent in this set. I really like the sharpness of the photos. On many of the shots one can easily see the veins and some of the tats on the players arms.. excellent.

The chrome variation and the foil as well will show finger prints very easily. Handle these with care.

I believe that most collectors will like this set. There are a great deal of rookies ( and a notable absence of card #79 - Tebow) in my box!! Should one decide to attempt the set of the parallel cards - it might prove to be a very formidable task - getting only 3 cards per box --- good luck!

The autos - again - all stickers, but the cards are designed for stickers.

Overall grade A-- still not real sold on foil and chrome in one set.

Go buy several boxes and send all of the Tebow cards and variations along with the Tebow autos to me!!

Duane

Hi, I am interested in the CJ Spiller Refractor if you are trading it. I have these to choose from;
08 Masteroiece Green Parallel #45 Pence 3/75
08 OPC -HP Pence
07 Topps Update Gold #Uh160 Pence /2007
08 Bowman Chrome 374 Pence
08 SP Legendary Cuts #16 Pence
2010 Topps 206 SP Longoria
email me at [email protected]

Nice review. Very sharp looking cards. I like the "Photoshop" type border around the players, makes them stand out more. Did you happen to pull any of these which may be available?

1 Peyton Manning
100 Aaron Rodgers
130 Brett Favre

Thanks,
John

Hi, I am interested in the CJ Spiller Refractor if you are trading it. I have these to choose from;
08 Masteroiece Green Parallel #45 Pence 3/75
08 OPC -HP Pence
07 Topps Update Gold #Uh160 Pence /2007
08 Bowman Chrome 374 Pence
08 SP Legendary Cuts #16 Pence
2010 Topps 206 SP Longoria
email me at [email protected]

CJ is yours and if you want to send something - send 2010 Topps 206 SP Longoria - I need that one.

Duane

Nice review. Very sharp looking cards. I like the "Photoshop" type border around the players, makes them stand out more. Did you happen to pull any of these which may be available?

1 Peyton Manning
100 Aaron Rodgers
130 Brett Favre

Thanks,
John

John - I have all 3 and they are yours.

Duane