Review 2010 Topps Sterling - MLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2010 Topps Sterling - MLB​

One 5 card pack plus 1 bonus card.

I received the following:

jpg136-1.jpg

Ozzie Smith
Craig Biggio
Roberto Alomar
all #ed to 250

jpg139-1.jpg

Juan Marichal
#ed to 50

jpg137-1.jpg

Eddie Murray
3 Game Used Bat pieces
#ed to 25

jpg138-2.jpg
Frank Thomas
4 Game Used Jersey pieces
Auto
#ed 1/1

Topps Sterling - Ultra premium issue. This pack came in a enameled black box - it's beautiful! The base cards are numbered to 250 and are extra thick. The picture is embedded in the card and appear to be reflective. The base cards are also surrounded by a blue border. I really like the numbering of each of the cards. The cards are very good looking and are worth saving and trading for your favorite player(s).

I think that the investment for a single pack at $200+ is pretty steep, and very few individuals will receive $200+ worth of cards. Some will, most won't. Those of us who collect specific players should be able to find most of their favorites and the parallels of each. If I could change anything about Topps Sterling, I would add an additional 6-10 base cards per box/pack.

The 1/1 that I received is cool - and is one of the players that I have many cards. Frank Thomas auto and 4 game used jersey pieces is a beautiful card. I have always thought that any card numbered to 10 or less should have premium pieces of jersey or patch or bat or glove or whatever - not just single color.... just my opinion.

Overall grade A-- not enough cards in the pack and the investment is going to limit the number of buyers.

If you go buy several boxes, I want the Longoria's, Hamilton's, Thomas's, - and if there are any other Rays, send them as well.

Duane

Duane...just wondering....did you pull a Pujols base??
Or are all the cards numbered/game used ?? They sure are nice...

I am sending you some Bowman Platinum...I'm not good at keeping surprises lol....but for what you sent me, I'd like to return the favor..:)

These are great looking cards...sigh...that Thomas is da bomb!!
Thanks,
Diane

No, no Pujols base.... each card that I pulled is pictured.

Diane - you are going to receive the correct card that you originally asked for...

Duane

What card is that?? LOL...

Noooooooo ..haha...whatever it was, please don't....
Please let me return some of your favors...:)
It's not much and not big hits....but I'm sure you don't have the Platinum yet :)
Diane

What card is that?? LOL...

Noooooooo ..haha...whatever it was, please don't....
Please let me return some of your favors...:)
It's not much and not big hits....but I'm sure you don't have the Platinum yet :)
Diane

I don't remember exactly which card you wanted... :eek: however, I have already packed up a surprise package for you - Merry Christmas!! :D :D

Duane

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh LOL....

Dang, Duane....ok then...you know what they say about paybacks LOL...

Just you wait....yours will be coming too!! :) :)
God Bless and Merry Christmas my friend.
Diane