2011 Bowman Platinum - M L B

hdjstuff

5.00 star(s)
2011 Bowman Platinum - M L B

20 Packs - 5 Cards per pack
2 Chrome Autographed Cards and 1 Autographed Relic Card in Every Box!

I received the following:

70 original and unique base cards - 70% of the set ;)
11 Bowman Prospect cards - 11% of the set

This premium issue features a full bleed action photo on stiff stock. The front has a high gloss and resembles a refractor. The reverse has stats both pro and personal along with a 'Platinum Moment'.

The prospect set might be a small hill to climb - receiving only 11 cards in a box - one would need to purchase 10 boxes to have enough for a set -or it's off to ebay or Sportlots to complete the set.

Inserts

Gold // Green // Red Parallels

7 gold
2 unnumbered green - one numbered to 599
1 red

Blue // XFractor

1 blue #ed to 199
5 XFractors

Autos

Shelby Miller
Miguel De Los Santos #ed to 399
**Both cards auto'd on the card** :D :D :D

Auto / Relic
Jesse Crain #ed to 99

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Platinum is a good issue for the player collector - base, gold, green, red, blue, some numbered and ever Xfractors (with a pattern - very good!!) If I could make a change, I would have numbered each of the colors to make them even more special.

This is also an excellent issue for the up and coming players - many of which I have never heard of, but hopefully one day, one of them will be outlandishly great and the card will be worth a zillion $$ (especially with this economy!!)

I really like the autos on the cards - they look great - blue Sharpee on the card!! The auto / relic is a sticker card - at least this one is.

Overall grade A

Go buy several boxes and send the Rays parallels to me!!

Duane

worldwideed

5.00 star(s)
I'd be interested in the Emerald if it's going to be availabe, I have this thing for Emeralds lately (Bautista not the De Los Santos auto)

tglg

5.00 star(s)
Duane, if you decide to trade the Shelby Miller, please let me know. Thanks, Tony.