2011 Topps Allen & Ginter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
2011 Topps Allen & Ginter

Per Box Items:
24 Packs per box
8 cards per box
3 autographs or relics per box

Topps Sell Sheet

The standard sized base cards feature a color "art-style" picture of the players. On an off-white background and bordered in beige, the players last name in on the upper left corner of the card fronts. The set name and logo and team logo are all on the bottom of the card fronts. The card backs are photo-less. Moderate biographical information and career statistics are on the matte white card backs. The statistics are written out and not represented numerically. An example would be "Batting Average - Two Hundred Sixty Seven."

What I pulled:
190 unique cards
126/350 base cards = 36% of the base set
24 mini cards
36 inserts
2 relics
1 auto
1 box topper

Base card front and back:
scan0001.jpg

The inserts: (not all scanned)
A&G back minis 65, 75, 106, 238, 310
black border minis 214, 258
Step Right Up 6, 8
Worlds Mysterious Figures 6, 9
Uninvited Guests 7, 10
Portraits of Penultimacy 2, 10
Animals in Peril 8, 6
Code cards 128, 133 215
Code Card
Hometown Heroes 6, 10, 11, 13, 37, 39. 48, 51, 59, 62, 63, 71, 76, 77, 85, 86, 91, 95
Baseball Sketches 8, 12, 15, 23
Minds That Made the Future 1, 20, 31
Floating Fortresses 3, 10, 20
Ascent of Man 2, 12, 15, 23
scan0003-1.jpg

scan0002.jpg

The Hits and Box Topper:
Framed Mini Relics
Chuck Woolery, Picabo Street
scan0004-1.jpg
Framed Mini Auto Kyle Petty #/10
scan0001-2.jpg

National Parks Box Topper
scan0005-2.jpg

The ever popular Allen & Ginter set returns this year with another strong line up! Perfect collation meant no duplicates and right on with the stated odds. I have always liked the simple, classic, throw-back design of the A&G sets. This nostalgia is also part of the popularity every year as well. Baseball card purists will say they do not like non-baseball or non-sport card subjects in their baseball card sets. Cards of boxers, BMXers, stuntmen, race card drivers, skiers, swimmers and other athletes is also part of the draw to A&G. All of the inserts and minis are well designed. I have heard collectors say that sometimes the hits in A&G are less then they could be. What a lot of collectors may miss however is the the inserts and minis are some the hits. Some of these inserts sets are very hard to chase. I particularly like the "Floating Fortresses" and "Uninvited Guests" mini sets. All of that being said, I would have like one of the traditional hits to have been baseball related, but all three subjects I pulled are popular in their own field!

The Bottom Line:
I give 2011 Topps Allen & Ginter a buy rating rating. Count on three full boxes to come close to completing the base set. Not necessarily a product for prospectors being light on RCs. There are always the numerous insert sets to chase and the hits are cool! Buy a box and trade your Floating Fortresses, Uninvited Guests and Animals in Peril wolf cards to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 2/5
Big-hit Hunter: 5/5
Prospector Hunter:3/5
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 5/5
Re-buy: 4/5
Overall Quality: 5/5

Overall: 34/40 (85% = B)

As always I am offering base and insert cards to members of The Bench for a SASE

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Nice review Tal. Agree with you on the Floating Fortresses and Uninvited Guests subsets as I just put the finishing touches on both of them.

Any Ian Kinsler or Hope Solo cards?

When you find out from TOpps what to do with the Hits, LMK. I'd love a shot at the Street.

Tal, nice break on that box of Allen Ginter. I would be interested in that Code card of the clover Leaf if it is available. Also what would you need for that Red Autograph /10 ? I have lots of misc products 2011
can you use this Rickey henderson 2011 Topps GU Bat#T60R-RH Yankees
2004 Ultra GU Bat Gold Parallel #53 Sean Casey 7/99
2011 A&G Uninvited Guests;UG-# 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,10
Mini Animals in Peril AP-4,5,8,11,19,20,21,22,24,27,30,
Floating Fortress FF-1,2,3,10,11,12,15,16,17,19,20
PLMK tom
[email protected]

Last edited:
Very nice box! I would loved to have gotten this box instead of the 2 I got. You pulled 3 SP (2 relics and 1 auto). Very nice

A PWE for these?

Step Right Up Human Blockhead and Eric Jackson and Picabo Street (base/minis) if you pulled any.

Thanks. LMK

Any Ian Kinsler or Hope Solo cards?

When you find out from TOpps what to do with the Hits, LMK. I'd love a shot at the Street.

Nope, sorry again bud.

Very nice box! I would loved to have gotten this box instead of the 2 I got. You pulled 3 SP (2 relics and 1 auto). Very nice

A PWE for these?

Step Right Up Human Blockhead and Eric Jackson and Picabo Street (base/minis) if you pulled any.

Thanks. LMK

Post up a "send free cards" trade. Please be sure to include what I am sending you.

I can really use the Castro mini if available. Thanks so much
Da old goat

Post up a "send free cards" trade. Please be sure to include what I am sending you.

Did you get any Mariners cards?

Nice hits. I can use the code parallel 128 cuddyer for my set. please check my 2011 inserts page for my ginter inserts for your needs

I can use any of these base: 22, 39, 110, 235, 288, 302, 317, 324, 343, Checklist 1 of 5

PLMK if there's anything I can help you with - I can't get to your www for some reason.

Thanks,
Dan