2011 Topps Heritage ERRORS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim Carroll

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Just glancing over the backs of the 2011 Topps Heritage I pulled today. Here are some things I found (wondering if some have variations - I have both of the Kelly Johnsons):

#22 San Diego Padres team card - Has Cleveland Indians leaders & Stats on back)
#184 Kurt Suzuki (no position on back)
#259A Kelly Johnson (position is 2b on the back)
#259B Kelly Johnson (position is 3b on the back)

I also noticed that among the positions on the BACKS of the cards, there were different ways for writing the position for different cards. EXAMPLE: Some say "1B", while others say "First Base"; "P" and "Pitcher"; "SS" and "Shortstop"; "C" and "Catcher"; and "OF" and "Outfield".

Please look over your Heritage and let me know if you find any variations/quirks with the writing on back. Is this Topps simply staying true to the 1962 set?

Tim

Card #204, Bogusevic the 2011 RC star is not filled in yellow like the other, a throwback to the original set which featured a white star on Weekly's card. Also true for card #461.

Thought it was impossible for you to top that Poe, lol. But I really love your Rivera piece, very cool idea.

Seems the 1st 100 cards #'s are smaller, I have a card that looks like the diamond anniversary "sparkle" cards but not sure if they doing those variations in everyset. Did pull a stanton refractor #'ed 69 wonder if thats one of the #'s people pay more for ;)

I pulled two very different 162 Alex Gordon. After some quick research on Ebay, I learned one is a "green tint" SP. Not clear yet how rare it is.
I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't gotten both!

i dont know if the "Green Tint" cards are throwback errors. they do seem to be a printing error. i have two here infront of me i pulled, one is Gehrig and Ruth #140 and the other is Hank Conger #156, because the #156 is missing the red lettering of Rookie in the yellow star, and the Ruth/Gehrig one seems to be missing the red tones too.

just what is seems to be anyway.
dave

Those "green tint" cards aren't errors, there are odds listed for them on the back of the Heritage packs (1:108 if I remember correctly). They're just another variation.

i dont know if the "Green Tint" cards are throwback errors. they do seem to be a printing error. i have two here infront of me i pulled, one is Gehrig and Ruth #140 and the other is Hank Conger #156, because the #156 is missing the red lettering of Rookie in the yellow star, and the Ruth/Gehrig one seems to be missing the red tones too.

just what is seems to be anyway.
dave

Hi Dave:
The Green Tint are true variations - if you'll notice, the Heritage logo is even on the opposite side of the card from the regular version.

Tim

Did anyone else get a ryan howard #220, it is the only card I got where the stat box on the back has an advertisement for baseball bucks. Just wondering if all of them are that way.

The_Glavinator....Card #224 Casey Coleman has the advertisement for baseball bucks on its back. Also has a white rookie star instead of a yellow. Probably nothing but seemed kinda strange but card #285 Adam Wainwright is pictured like he just pitched the ball but the ball is still in his hand. If you have it you'll know what I saying......Dan

I have a couple of the darker tint cards, but they're blue, so they must have come from Wal Mart. I have 122 Cahill and 186 Ankiel. Again, the Heritage logo is on the opposite side of the regular card.

Holy Cow. Check out the leg work done by this guy at FCB. There are many cards that people are trading off as base cards that really are super short prints!

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/?p=1340

:eek:

Tim

I hope I didn't have any of those and trade them off! Why does Topps do this?? Just give me the regular set and I'll be happy, I can care less about the stupid "super short prints" and the tint cards. A couple would be okay, but there's just too many...

Keep in mind that with the Heritage sets, they mirror the original set. That's where the green tint variation and the Joba variation come from. (The blue and red tint are Walmart and Target creations, however).