2011 Topps Update Jumbo packs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Applegate

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I stopped at Kmart today to see if I could find anything interesting. And, did I ever! I found 3 jumbo packs
of 2011 Topps Updates. Marked down to $2.99 for clearance. What are the odds? Looking for advice.
A. Should I rip them?
B. Should I trade them?
C. Should I sell them?
Comments welcome.
Thanks,
Gary

2011%20topps%20update%20jumbo.jpg

Put them on ebay and sell them. That is what I would do without a doubt. But I am set builder and already have that set. But you should get a very nice return on your 2.99 investment. I stopped at KMart last weekend and all they had were 2014 Donruss Series II marked down.

Nice find!!!!!

I can never resist the urge to bust packs....

Put two on Ebay and bust one, you just never know what you may find. I would guess that selling two would still get you your $$$ back plus a little more.

Katester has the right idea. Put 2 on eBay @ $24.99 OBO & bust the other 1 with your fingers crossed. You may get luckey & catch a Trout lol.

I would bust them. If you hit a Trout, or any parallel of Trout, you've cashed your lottery ticket. If not you're only out $10.

The work and risk of selling them would outweigh the possibilities of what might be in the packs for me.

if you bust them, which I would have done in the car before I even turned the car on to go to next stop, I am still looking for some singles for extra sets, diamond and cognac inserts, all star g/u and commemorative patches.

I'd bust them. It's not all about Trout anymore with Rizzo and Altuve RCs picking up steam. Sure glad I completed my Diamond Anniversary and Cognac sets when I did.

if you bust them, which I would have done in the car before I even turned the car on to go to next stop, I am still looking for some singles for extra sets, diamond and cognac inserts, all star g/u and commemorative patches.

I have some of the diamond anniversary & cognac cards left over from when I did my sets. I will see if I can get them located and check your wantlists to see if I can help. It may take a few days, I just moved my cards into a larger room. I am 100% moved and about 25% organized.

Gary

I've had good luck with marked down retail lately, so I'd open them (see 13 Topps U&H Sapphire Bryce Harper #/25, 15 Topps Heritage Clemente/Stargell/McCutchen GU #/25 for $12 each).

Plus, its a solid RC set even after Trout/Rizzo/Altuve... Goldschmidt, Belt, Chisenhall x2, Teheran, Hosmer x2, Alex Cobb, J.D. Martinez, Moustakas, Kipnis, LeMahieu, Blackmon, Brandon Crawford, Kyle Seager, Dee Gordon are all in there.

Either way, you are going to make your money back IMO.