2012 Allen & Ginter Pre-Sale Case Break Is Here!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I haven't had a hobby box of cards to open since 2009 A&G. 3 year drought and I feel the end is near. I keep checking my doorstep.

This would be my first ever hobby box. I'm depending on it to help with my set this year. Haven't received it yet, though.

Curtis

I am a bit concerned by the lack of communication and the fact that if they were shipped last weekend, as stated, we should have these by now. I am missing out on trades by not having these in-hand. Is anyone else concerned or am I being paranoid?

Got home after work and sure enough, a Priority Mail box was waiting. Got to opening it up and I sure hope you guys do better than me. This was the worst box I've ever opened. As I was opening packs, it seemed that I was getting cards in the pack I was opening that I got in the previous pack. Sure enough, after opening all of the cards, I went back to sorting them, and out of the 140 base cards, there were only 86 different cards. There were 42 doubles....almost 50% of the base cards were duplicates. That is aweful! I got my 12 sp's as expected (1 per 2 packs). Only 2 relics with nothing to brag about...Morse and Uggla jerseys! Hoping that I might of gotten something special out of the mini's...NOTHING! 3 black borders, 4 A&G's, 12 base and 5 inserts. AWEFUL, AWEFUL! Boy I hope you guys do better. Let me know.
nelballs, I am going to need some kind of receipt to claim the 3rd relic/auto/rip card I didn't get. Can you email me something? I always feel robbed when I don't get that 3rd relic. It is not like they will send a RIP card in return. Lost my chance for that.

Forgot, of the 12 regular size inserts, 3 sketches, 3 HTP's, 3 WTB's & 3 codes!

Last edited:
I had many extra base as well. I wasn't disappointed overall, though. I got a Jeter 3000th hit box topper. The hits were a Jordan Walden GU, Brian McCann GU, and Jose Valverde AU (very happy with this even though he is a Tiger :) ). Got a Bryce Harper RC, Yu Darvish RC, Nolan Ryan SP Mini Black Border, and a couple other SP minis. I figure it was better than if I had bought 4 blasters.

I didn't get any NNO backs. I always make sure to check but I've only ever pulled two and I've been working on the sets since 06. I was hoping for a Bazooka back as I have never pulled one of them but I'm not disappointed with what I got.

Curtis

This is in no way a reflection of nelballs and this should in no way stop anyone from buying his boxes.

Now that I made that clear....My two boxes were the pits. I am swimming in doubles as 1/3 of all my cards are doubles. The packs were collated so poorly that when my wife opened and pack and I opened a pack, even from the different boxes, we knew who was coming in order.

My "hits" were all jersey cards, 3 in each box.

6 Tall Buildings, 3 are doubles

6 Codes

6 Sketches

6 Historical Turning Points

Minis: 4 whales, 2 dogs, 2 military leaders, 1 composer
5 black, 6 high # SP (2 A&G back), 10 A&G back, 18 reg

I did pull 3 Harper, 3 Jeter and a Yu.

And my box toppers were both roller coasters.

Maybe my expectations were too high. In 09 when I got 3 boxes of A&G from The Bench I pulled a rip card, two autos, jerseys, and a Bazooka back.

Oh well, I tried.
Don

I'm sorry to hear about the bad boxes. Maybe Topps is getting stiff. I was happy with my box but didn't get anything mind-blowing. As a set collector, I was happy getting a big chunk out of my base needs. Lots of doubles here as well, though.