Review 2014 Bowman Football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2014 Bowman Football

25 Cards per pack - 10 packs
4 Autos and 1 Relic per box

I received these:

img994_zpsce4785be.jpg

70 unique base veteran cards

80 unique base rookie/prospect cards

The base cards of Bowman Football - both vet and rookie - are pretty uninteresting and several of the packs had bent cards (the wrappers were just a bit large and the several of the cards on the top and bottom of the pack were damaged....) Each set is 110 cards and the difference in the card is the design on the front and the rookie cards have the RC designation logo. The numbering is the same on both sets. (Baseball has BP##)

Cards are printed on bright white stock with a glossy front and matte finish on the reverse. Boxes retail in hobby shops for about $130.

Inserts/Parallels

2 Ice parallels

Kendall Wright
Andre Johnson

Black border parallels

36 rookie and 20 vets

Black Refractor Parallels

8 Vets // 7 Rookies

Colored / Numbered Parallels

1 Blue - #ed to 499 - A. Richardson
2 Gold - #ed to 399 - K. Martin and R. Shazier
1 Orange - #ed to 299 - B. Renner

Blue #ed to 99 - L. Kuechly
Green #ed to 99 - M. Evans and C. Richardson

Minis

10 unique minis

Die Cut

3 - C. Newton, L. McCoy, R. Gore

VERY cool looking cards!!

RELIC

Andy Dalton

Autos

L. Joyner, S. Morris, T. Mason, R. Boyd

Autos - all chrome refractors and all on card autos - WELL DONE!! They look fantastic and each one of these guys can write- kudos to their parents and teachers!!!

Bowman football is a good issue - not great, but very good - especially the autos and the die cuts. I am not a football collector (I have to draw the line somewhere and I only have 2 rooms to devote to cards!) but the die cuts have caused me to actually bid on a few on the 'bay (did not win, but I did bid!)

I also like the numbered parallels - the jury is still out for me on the black and black refractors. Refractors should be labeled as such and probably #ed to 2014? Black bordered cards will be hard to have a 10 gem mint grade (black is always the hardest for a 10)

The Ice parallels also look very good - in fact they look 10x better than the base cards. Ice might be a pretty interesting set to build - and could prove to be a mighty hill to climb - only 2 in this box.

Overall grade B++ very uninteresting photos and design this year....

Autos and Die Cuts A++ - very well done!

Go buy several boxes and put the Ice set together!!

Duane

Thanks for the review. Possibly putting a base set together beginning next month. Plmk if any of the cards you have would be available for trade. Thanks Butch

Thnaks for the review Duane. I like the design of this years set, but I HATE that the rookies are pictured in their college uniform, and because topps doesn't have licsensing from the NCAA, there are no team colors or logos.
Please LMK if you pulled any of these.

Vets 23 24 27 58 75 76 83
RC's 27 39 45 68

Thanks, Brett

Hi Duane

I like the Silver Ice parallels..Interested in the Ashlon Jeffrey Black. Working any sets these days in baseball?

Henry

Busted a blaster of these. The base rookie design is one of the worst designs in recent memory. Like the on-card autos, but i agree, a flagship like bowman needs to wait for the rookie nfl unis.

Thnaks for the review Duane. I like the design of this years set, but I HATE that the rookies are pictured in their college uniform, and because topps doesn't have licsensing from the NCAA, there are no team colors or logos.
Please LMK if you pulled any of these.

Vets 23 24 27 58 75 76 83
RC's 27 39 45 68

Thanks, Brett

Brett - I have 9 cards for you -- post as free.

Duane

Duane, finally got sorted out here. I can use these #'s for the rookies. Can use any extra Steelers you received. Got all of the vets. Are you collecting any of this set?? Butch

#9, 16, 24, 26, 27, 41, 49, 50, 53, 55, 61, 62, 70, 71, 82, 93, 96, 97, 100, 103, 107.

Let me know which ones you need, and if I have them, they are yours.

Duane

Butch,

I only collect baseball....

Did pretty well with the list.... (all but 3)

#16, 24, 26, 41, 49, 50, 53, 55, 61, 62, 70, 82, 93, 96, 97, 100, 103, 107.

Post them as free.

Duane

Thanks for the cards. Accepted. Will keep an eye out for cards for you. Butch
Butch,

I only collect baseball....

Did pretty well with the list.... (all but 3)

#16, 24, 26, 41, 49, 50, 53, 55, 61, 62, 70, 82, 93, 96, 97, 100, 103, 107.

Post them as free.

Duane