Review 2014 Gypsy Queen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2014 Gypsy Queen

24 packs - 10 cards per pack
2 autos and 2 relics per box

I received these:

181 unique base cards (#1- 300) and 7 SP's (#301-350)

img920_zpsa119c7db.jpg

Gypsy Queen is a fan favorite among collectors. The cards are consistent with previous year's issues. The front has a picture that is a combo of art and photo and done very well. The cards are printed on a light tan/manilla colored stiff stock. The design is simple and unique to Gypsy Queen. The reverse has no stats but has a short write up of a highlight of the player.

These cards are excellent cards for autos - whether in person or via mail. The set builder should be happy with the number of cards received. One should only need maybe 3 boxes to get more than enough for a base set and have a good number left over for trading to complete the base set.

7 SP's is a good number as well - about 14% of the needed 50 cards.

In addition to the SP's, there are reverse negative SSP's ( I have not received any in the boxes that I have cracked - only seen them on the 'bay.)

Inserts

Dealing Aces and Debut All-Stars
img922_zpse0c607a8.jpg

Dealing Aces - 6
Debut All-Stars -- 4

N174 and Glove Stories

img923_zps5f5c6325.jpg
N174 - 6x
Glove Stories - 4x

Blue Framed

img924_zps9a65d26e.jpg

2 - Jones and Gonzalez - #ed to 499

Mini's

img921_zps8332b4d2.jpg

30 total mini's (some are variants - alternate pics)
3 Black mini's #ed to 199
Keiner, Teheran, Iglesias
1 Sepia #ed to 50
Profar

Relics / Autos
img925_zps00b102ef.jpg

Miley

img926_zpsa201c466.jpg

Jumbo Relic #ed to 25
CC Sabathia

Autos

img927_zps6c362aad.jpg

Hefner - Mets
Eaton - Diamondbacks

The autos - on card - blue Sharpee -- well done. Both look excellent!!

Gypsy Queen has something for nearly every collector out there. The rookie card collector, the set builder, and the player collector should be pleased with the selection that is available.

A number of parallels, mini's (variants, black, sepia, leather 1/1, and even graphite 1/1 - also included are framed cards - blue, white, and silver.

There are many other inserts that are much harder to come by - button cards, dual autos, penny cards, auto'd mini's to name a few....

Overall a very good issue.

Overall grade A

Go buy several boxes and send the Rays parallels to me!

Duane

Last edited:
Duane,
Nice review. Interested in the Jones Blue framed and the Sabathia GU'd. If they are available lmk and I will send you a list of some Rays stuff to you.
Thanks,
Trish

Awesomr review as always duane. This is a set I wish I had the money to build. As you said they are great for autographs. Would love any indians base or mini's expecially jason kipnis. Again awesome review and thank you

It seems like this issue is not as popular as it was last year. Several members have reported that they couldn't find any at Wal Mart, including me. I finished the set with the 4 insert sets as well, but got a meager $62 for that in an eBay auction.

Awesomr review as always duane. This is a set I wish I had the money to build. As you said they are great for autographs. Would love any indians base or mini's expecially jason kipnis. Again awesome review and thank you

Post as free - I'll see what Indians - both big and small - I have to send.

Duane

Duane,

Did you happen to pull any minis of card #162 Brad Ziegler?

lmk thanks
Dan

Great looking set. From what I've seen online the N174 inserts look pretty nice...Did you get many Pirates or any Ryan Vogelsong variations?