Review 2014 Topps Chrome N FL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2014 TOPPS CHROME NFL​

24 Packs // 4 cards per pack
'One Rookie Auto Per Box!'

I received these:

71 Base cards - 32% of the base set of 220

In the tradition of Topps base sets - Chrome does not disappoint. Cards are printed on stiff stock with a bright chrome finish (thus the name 'Chrome'!!!!)

One curious point with this base set - on the reverse, there is a Topps Code. Normally, this code is consistent through out the base set. When the code # is different, one knows that you have an SP of some kind. Cards beginning with # 111 ( I believe ) have a different code - maybe they are all rookies #111 thru 220?

I do know there are some SP's or at least one....

D. Clowney

Inserts

Refractors

8 reg refractors
1 silver 'Pulsar' refractor - Sutton

Parallels

Sepia / Blue Wave / Cammo

Sepia - Green #ed to 99
Cammo - Richardson #ed to 499
Blue Wave - Cruz

Fantasy Focus // "Screen Catch"

Fantasy Focus - Rogers -- McCoy
Green Screen Catch (refractor)- Allen

'85 parallel // Die Cut

4 '85 parallels
Die Cut refractor - Fales

Mini Inserts

Mini - Beckham // Evans
Tall mini - Robinson

Rookie Auto

Henry Josey

For the football collector, this is a good issue. High quality photos and good selection of players through out the league. Rookie player collectors should be relatively happy with 110 rookies.

There are an absolute pile of inserts that I did not receive - such as red, blue, green, black refractors, game used inserts, at least one other die cut, 1000 yard club cards to name a few. The master set builder will have a field day completing this set!!

My favorite as usual is the die cut refractor - excellent looking card.

Pet peeve - if there is a 'marking' designating the refractors - for the life of me, I cannot find it. Therefore, one could possibly have a regular refractor and not even know it....

Overall grade A- PLEASE mark the refractors....

Go buy a few boxes and see what inserts you receive!!

Duane

Excellent review The refractors are marked lower left corner right above the Topps logo I am just guessing since that's were it is in the baseball but who knows with Topps

Typically the card will have the word 'refractor' on the back of the card somewhere however I don't think Topps did that this year. They didn't do it on Finest either for 2014. I guess the only way to tell is by shining the front of the card around light to see if it has color. Topps Chrome is always a fun break but a lot of people are complaining this year about so many combine photos of players (which I agree there are too many) and too many no name RC AUTOs. I am interested in the Paul Richardson camo refractor and the AJ Green sepia refractor if for trade, thanks bud!

Duane, interested in any Steelers if they are available. Thanks for the report. Like the black bordered cards. Butch