Review 2014 Valor - N F L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2014 Valor - N F L

6 cards per pack // 20 packs
4 Hits per box - 1 Auto relic and 1 auto'd card

I received these:

83 unique base cards

19 'Speed' base cards

Total 102 of 200 -- no dupes....!!! Yes!

Valor NFL is a new issue printed on stiff stock. The base are a combo of photo/art cards. Each action picture is imposed over a logo of the team. I'm not real sure how it was decided which player would have "Speed" on their card... Joe Namath - I don't think of speed - maybe that's just me - Emmitt Smith - yes - speed. The front has a bronze V and RC (if it's a rookie) in bronze foil. The reverse has college stats, pro stats, and a write up on a highlight of their career.

INSERTS

Strength/Courage

Strength #ed to 499 -- A. Murray and Roethlisberger
Courage #ed toi 399 -- J. Matthews

Discipline/Glory

Discipline #ed to 299 -- A. Johnson
Glory #ed to 199 -- T. Austin

Jumbo Relic #ed to 25 - Blake Bortles - Discipline insert

3 color patch - Jarvis Landry

Rookie Auto - Brandon Coleman

Auto/Relic - Martavis Bryant #ed to 99

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Valor NFL - good issue for the set builder. One gets 50% of the base in one box - so 2 - 3 boxes should easily yield enough base for a set. I also like the inclusion of the retired players (Namath, Marino, Emmitt Smith, Aikman, M. Allen, Bo, Young, Montana) in the set. I do wish that more current players were added to the mix - maybe make the set 250 or 300 - with 30 teams, 7-8 players per team would be good (except for the Bucs - man are they bad again this year!!)

The collector who wants to build one of the numbered sets.... wow, now that might be an undertaking... only received 5 numbered cards - could be one heck of a hill to climb. But, it would also be a unique set!

The autos are sticker and the card is designed for it... I really like the jumbo patch - the Bortles jsy looks great!

Overall grade A- need a few more cards in the set.

Go buy several boxes and send the jumbo relics to me!

Duane

I know the Topps chrome football hobby boxes will be released Nov 6. I was wondering if you might have an idea when blasters will hit the Target and Wal-Mart shelves ?

Valor is a sharp looking product. I have a few cards from when it was released in 2009 for my Orakpo PC. I just picked up a Russell Wilson jumbo JSY card # /75 at a card show this past weekend. I only paid $1 for it. I'm not kidding I lucked out for sure!