Review 2015 Gypsy Queen - M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2015 Gypsy Queen - M L B

24 packs - 10 cards per pack
2 autos and 2 relics per box

I received these:

Base cards:

187 unique base cards -- or 62% of the 300 card base set

As in the past issues Gypsy Queen is a rendition of a picture of the player. The cards are brown and have a matte finish. The design is much the same as in past years.

The reverse seems to be even more simplified than in previous issues.

I also received 6 SP's of the 50 -- #ed 301 thru 350

INSERTS

Mini's

One receives a small box of mini's in each hobby box. In total, I received 30 of the minis.

There are variations on the minis... I'm not sure what is a variation and what isn't... There are action variations, border color variations, etc...

I received 2 silver #ed to 199
1 Red - #ed to just 50
and
1 Basics of Baseball

Glove Stories / Queens Throwbacks

4 Glove Stories
4 Throwbacks...

The Throwbacks cards look 'washed out' -- not real sure how much I like them...

Walk off Winners / Pillars of the Community

6 Walk off Winners
1 Pillars of the Community

Framed

Granderson
Cole

Each #ed to 499

This might be a pretty cool set to build. Personally, I believe that if one built it, it would probably be one of a handful ever built.

Relics

Verlander
Wright

Autos

Matt Joyce
Chris Johnson

Both blue Sharpee on card autos.... not real sure what Chris Johnson actually wrote, but it looks OK.... (maybe sanskrit?)

Gypsy Queen is a higher end set - not really premium, but definitely higher end. Boxes here in O'do go for $110-$125. One does get 4 hits per box.

The base set contains current players, and retired players as well -- Dimaggio, Jeter, Piazza, Dawson, Cobb, Aaron to name a few. Good base set for all collectors both young and old - a good mix of players - a set rich in history.

Autos -- all autos that I have seen are on card... very good!!!

I am a fan of the minis and the framed inserts. Why I like the minis is beyond me...

Overall grade A

Go buy several boxes and send the minis (especially Rays) and the framed Rays to me!!

Duane

Duane,
I could use the squeeze bunt mini and the Puig Pillars. I'm also looking for Walk Off Winners 1-4-6-7-9-11-12-13-14-17-18-20-22-24 and Queens Throwbacks 1-2-4-5-6-7-8-10-11-13-14-16-17-22-24-25.
From the minis, I have Matt Moore, Desmond Jennings, and the base Chris Archer as well as the image variation. From the regular base set, I have Drew Smyly, Desmond Jennings and Jake McGee. Let me know if there is anything else you might be looking for.

Duane

I have these Ray's
15 TOPPS GYPSY QUEEN MINI 104 M MOORE,RAYS
15 TOPPS GYPSY QUEEN MINI 106 A COBB,RAYS
15 TOPPS GYPSY QUEEN MINI 217 D JENNINGS,RAYS
15 TOPPS GYPSY QUEEN MINI 236 J MCGEE,RAYS
15 TOPPS GYPSY QUEEN MINI GOLD 104 M MOORE,RAYS/99
15 TOPPS GYPSY QUEEN PEARL WHITE FRAMED 104 M MOORE,RAYS

Let me know what Base SP's you have

Thanks,
Larry

Duane, Can use the Grandy Man Bronze and the Wright relic. I am also working on aa non-base mini set and can use any red, silver, gold etc. mini's. I should have some Rays for you. I'll check later. Thanks, Mike

Duane,

I could use the Verlander relic to be put into the prize pool for my Bench Members fantasy leagues. Thanks.

Dave