Review 2015 Topps Heritage - M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2015 Topps Heritage - M L B

24 packs - 9 cards per pack PLUS boxtopper
A Real One auto or relic card in every box

I received these:

192 unique base cards (425 base) -- 45% of base set
and 8 SP - #ed 426 thru 500

In the design of the 1966 set, Heritage does not disappoint the set builders out there. As in the past, the complete set is 500 cards - 425 base and 75 short prints. In addition to the SP's, there are action SP's, misprinted SP's, color variation SP's, gum stained back SP's, autos, red autos, punchboards with jsys pieces, punchboards dual player, and punchboards with autos and jsy pieces, punchboards with autos, chrome parallels, refractor parallels, black chrome refractors, gold refractors, and even blue back SP's of which there are only 10 of each..... and some randomly inserted minis....

I have personally ripped several boxes and have only received one gum stained back, and 2 action variations.... if you see me reaching for a box, let me grab it and you grab the next one - you are bound to be much more fortunate than I have been.

INSERTS

Chrome Parallels

Received only these 2.... Ventura #ed to 999 and Jansen #ed to 566

News and Baseball Flashbacks

2 News
2 Baseball

Newage Performers / Then and Now

NewAge - Posey, Baez, Hernandez
T and N - Killebrew/Cruz, Stargell/Altuve, Koufax/Wainwright

BoxTopper

Stu Miller

Gum Stained Back

Ackley -- you can also smell the gum!

Relic

Adam Jones -- he looks so happy!!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Master set builders will have a good time working on this set with all of the different SP's. I don't know the final count but it has to exceed 550 with color variations, action variations, and regular SP's.... The chase should be fun.

I want to see someone put the black refractor set together.... as I understand it, they are numbered to 66? -- would be a quite unique set to have.

I like the punchboards with autos, with autos and relics, and with jumbo relics -- not so much the ones with only 2 players....

Overall grade A- seems like there are more and more variants and SP's..... too many!

Go buy several boxes and send the chrome Rays to me!

Duane

Nice recap of the product !
I am interested in the Gum Stain back can you use any of these Rays
2014 Topps Heritage Purple Refractors #451 Matt Moore
2013 Bowman Orange #127 Odorizzi /250
2015 Topps Gold #28 Cobb, #59 Odorizzi, #107 Loney /2015
PLMk tom [email protected]

Thanks for the review Duane. I usually look forward to Heritage every year, but this bland design from '66 just doesn't do much for me, let alone the photo's are head shots and cheesy posed pics. But I'm still going to buy a few packs anyway.

Please LMK if you pulled any of these,

33 95 168 217 219 278 382 441

Thanks, Brett

While I think they are getting to the point of having too many parallels....I love the gum stained variation idea:)

Thanks for the review Duane. I usually look forward to Heritage every year, but this bland design from '66 just doesn't do much for me, let alone the photo's are head shots and cheesy posed pics. But I'm still going to buy a few packs anyway.

Please LMK if you pulled any of these,

33 95 168 217 219 278 382 441

Thanks, Brett

I have 4 of them for you... post as free.

Duane

Duane -

Nice review. Still love the Heritage sets. Need 2 base cards to finish a base set - 179 and 223. Do you have either or both of them? If you do, what do you need for them?

Thanks,

Jeff

Duane -

Nice review. Still love the Heritage sets. Need 2 base cards to finish a base set - 179 and 223. Do you have either or both of them? If you do, what do you need for them?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff - I have 223 and it is yours. When I get my act together, I'll post my needs list - maybe you can hit it.

Duane