2016 Topps Holiday/Snowflake - not in love with this set...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tigsfan

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
So I got a couple boxes with a coupon to make it a decent price, and I'm just not impressed with the set and don't really have any interest in keeping it in my collection.

Ideally, I would like to just move what I have as a starter set (about 145 of the 200 in the set) in just one swoop and get it off my hands - the only thing I've pulled is one of each Tigers card. I can provide a list of what's missing, but I will admit there is some key stars (A-Rod, Kershaw, Ichiro, Strasburg) and rookies (Schwarber, Naquin, Seager, Piscotty) missing. I also have about 30 doubles that I can include if somebody wanted them.

My other option is completing the set, then perhaps find a taker for the whole thing (which may end up being quite an investment knowing what I'm missing). I'm listing below the doubles, metalics, and GU/JSY cards and see where this goes. SOMEONE PLEASE JUST TAKE THE STARTER SET AND MAKE IT EASY ON ME.

starter set is gone

Regular cards available: 6 (S. Marte), 13 (A. Chapman), 37 (R. Iglesias FS), 51 (L. Severino RC), 52 (M. Ozuna), 62 (A. Diaz RC), 63 (R. Howard), 66 (M. Estrada), 83 (E. Longoria), 85 (N. Walker), 86 (M. Harvey), 98 (J. Kipnis), 103 (J. Hammel), 105 (D. Betances), 107 (J. Mauer), 113 (D. Span), 114 (Y. Darvish), 118 (A. Beltre), 133 (M. Brantley), 141 (M. Betts), 143 (A. Wainwright), 145 (O. Herrera FS), 155 (N. Mazara RC), 166 (R. Osuna FS), 169 (J. Lowrie), 176 (R. Braun), 181 (N. Arenado), 199 (Y. Cespedes)

Metalics: 10 (B. Gardner), 31 (C. Kluber), 39 (A. Rizzo), 51 (L. Severino RC), 122 (J. Pederson FS), 148 (F. Lindor FS), 162 (S. Perez), 172 (B. Snell RC)
PENDING - 199 (Y. Cespedes)

Relics
Eric Hosmer
PENDING - J. deGrom

Tigers still needed for team set
Base: HMW49 Francisco Rodriguez, HMW82 Justin Verlander
Relics: IK Ian Kinsler, JU Justin Upton, MC Miguel Cabrera
Autograph: MF Michael Fulmer /25 (in my dreams)

Last edited:
Yeah, I know what you mean on these - I'm not crazy about them either but I bought a bunch of boxes anyway. I have no idea on the values (not listed in Beckett OPG yet) but I'd trade you everything you need for the two relics and maybe most of the metallic ones. You need 31 cards which might book around a buck each. The relics probably book $5-$8, the metallic maybe $2-$3 each.
Thanks, Dale

Yeah, I know what you mean on these - I'm not crazy about them either but I bought a bunch of boxes anyway. I have no idea on the values (not listed in Beckett OPG yet) but I'd trade you everything you need for the two relics and maybe most of the metallic ones. You need 31 cards which might book around a buck each. The relics probably book $5-$8, the metallic maybe $2-$3 each.
Thanks, Dale
Dale, I think you misread my post. The 31 cards listed are the cards I have TWO of, not ones that I would need for the starter set. I'm actually missing 55 cards, (which I have not listed, but can provide a list) including many of the higher valued cards like Kershaw, Schwarber, Seager, etc. This is why I'm thinking it may be better to pawn this off as a starter set than trying to finish the thing.

I would be interested in the starter set.
I think I've got what I needed from you last time Steve. I can sell it to you pretty much what I have into it (I would factor out the metalics, game used, and doubles out of the total price I paid for everything) if that is of any interest to you. I know it will be an investment with it missing some major cards (by bad luck on my part + the Tigers I've pulled for myself), but that way I'm not gaining or losing anything from this.

I think I've got what I needed from you last time Steve. I can sell it to you pretty much what I have into it (I would factor out the metalics, game used, and doubles out of the total price I paid for everything) if that is of any interest to you. I know it will be an investment with it missing some major cards (by bad luck on my part + the Tigers I've pulled for myself), but that way I'm not gaining or losing anything from this.

sure, what is the sell price??

hi I can use the metallic # 122 j. Pederson la dodgers. I have these two snowflake base tigers. # 49 rodriguez. # 82 verlander. lmk if this works for you then post it. also pwe is fine also. thanks. larry

Would you move both of the relics for a Fulmer /250 refractor from the Topps Chrome Update set?

Hi Zack,

I'm interested in these from the Holiday set:

Base: 3 (P. Goldschmidt), 19 (J. Panik), 189 (B. Belt)
Metallics: 161 (B. Posey)

I can help you with these from your wants:

2016 Topps 500 HR Futures Club (Red): 4 (G. Stanton), 7 (Ad. Jones), 9 (Ad. Gonzalez), 15 (K. Schwarber)

PLMK if that would work, or post if OK.

Thanks,
Dan

hi I can use the metallic # 122 j. Pederson la dodgers. I have these two snowflake base tigers. # 49 rodriguez. # 82 verlander. lmk if this works for you then post it. also pwe is fine also. thanks. larry
Larry, I'm really looking to move stacks of these rather than one card. I'm gonna pass on this.

Would you move both of the relics for a Fulmer /250 refractor from the Topps Chrome Update set?
Honestly, that seems a little too steep to me. Something I can use though, just not at that kind of cost.

Hi Zack,

I'm interested in these from the Holiday set:
Base: 3 (P. Goldschmidt), 19 (J. Panik), 189 (B. Belt)
Metallics: 161 (B. Posey)

I can help you with these from your wants: 2016 Topps 500 HR Futures Club (Red): 4 (G. Stanton), 7 (Ad. Jones), 9 (Ad. Gonzalez), 15 (K. Schwarber)

PLMK if that would work, or post if OK.
Thanks,
Dan
Dan, I'm really trying to move this stuff in "big chunks" if you will. I know you got some more stuff for me (Chasing 3K, Fire, etc. - I'm probably looking at close to 15 cards total here) to the point that you can surely take some more stuff off my hands here. :) Plus, I still have a few surprises I never told you about with our last trade. ;)

Dan, I'm really trying to move this stuff in "big chunks" if you will. I know you got some more stuff for me (Chasing 3K, Fire, etc. - I'm probably looking at close to 15 cards total here) to the point that you can surely take some more stuff off my hands here. :) Plus, I still have a few surprises I never told you about with our last trade. ;)

Yeah, I know I've got a bunch you can use. I was looking at what I can use for my PC, since I wasn't doing this set. As a side note, I've been looking for my box of 2000 Fleer Focus for two days now to try and clear that last one for you, but I can't find the darn thing.

I'm always open to expanding the trade - LMK what you have in mind and we can work out a deal.

Thanks,
Dan

Yeah, I know I've got a bunch you can use. I was looking at what I can use for my PC, since I wasn't doing this set. As a side note, I've been looking for my box of 2000 Fleer Focus for two days now to try and clear that last one for you, but I can't find the darn thing.

I'm always open to expanding the trade - LMK what you have in mind and we can work out a deal.

Thanks,
Dan
Dan, I will look at a couple things I'm sure I still have and send a proposal over to you. ;)

I am interested in the Cespedes metallic and deGrom GU. If I needed to trade for them all to get the 2 cards, perhaps we can work something out. Can you use a starter set of something from 2016? I can pull Tigers from various sets if interested also. My trade lists are in my signature. Lmk if we can work something. Thanks, Mike

Metalics: 10 (B. Gardner), 31 (C. Kluber), 39 (A. Rizzo), 51 (L. Severino RC), 122 (J. Pederson FS), 148 (F. Lindor FS), 162 (S. Perez), 172 (B. Snell RC) How much dlvd for theses? Best regards, David

Metalics: 31 (C. Kluber), 39 (A. Rizzo), 148 (F. Lindor FS)

I know you want to sell all as a lot, but can use these and will trade in your favor.

LMK,
Marlies

Metalics: 10 (B. Gardner), 31 (C. Kluber), 39 (A. Rizzo), 51 (L. Severino RC), 122 (J. Pederson FS), 148 (F. Lindor FS), 162 (S. Perez), 172 (B. Snell RC) How much dlvd for theses? Best regards, David
Had no idea this thread was still alive as it's seen nothing for a week! :p

It doesn't look like they go for much so it's probably not going to work for me unless someone took the base cards too (the Hosmer jersey I don't mind holding onto seperately). The lot of base + metalics I would like to get $10 out of.