Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

(1) they get stuff for GU from different places...some is direct from the teams and players, other stuff they get from auctions or private collections.

(2) it varies...when UD was in court once it came out that they payed T-Mac $50 per auto and some other players were getting $3 TO $20...i've heard Jordan gets $150 a pop from UD.

(3) no...if you read Pat Neshek's blog/website you will see he tries to track down his own cards just like any other super collector does. I know when Score did the Mantle Autos back in the 90's the Mick got set #7 as part of the deal. So sometimes they do get cards...but for the most part they don't get anything special.

also from what I understand the money from cards goes to the collective MLBPA and MLB properties rather than the players directly....they handle the negotiations and all that sort of thing and collect all the money from cards.

(1) they get stuff for GU from different places...some is direct from the teams and players, other stuff they get from auctions or private collections.

(2) it varies...when UD was in court once it came out that they payed T-Mac $50 per auto and some other players were getting $3 TO $20...i've heard Jordan gets $150 a pop from UD.

(3) no...if you read Pat Neshek's blog/website you will see he tries to track down his own cards just like any other super collector does. I know when Score did the Mantle Autos back in the 90's the Mick got set #7 as part of the deal. So sometimes they do get cards...but for the most part they don't get anything special.

also from what I understand the money from cards goes to the collective MLBPA and MLB properties rather than the players directly....they handle the negotiations and all that sort of thing and collect all the money from cards.

I have seen Pat Neshek's website, but I wonder if you are a Jeter or Pujols type name, could you have your agent call up Topps or Upper Deck and get them to pull you one each of all your cards?

If I were a big league player, I'd tell the companys to keep there
money and give me some hobby boxes. lol

Well Im not posative but here is an old Bowman contract from the early 50's.
It is signed by the Bowman Gum Company president Bill Savage. The player is Edward J Blake. He got $10 up front and will recieve $90 after they use his picture. A total of $100 for the year. He will also recieve $100 every year after that. If his picture is used.

Contracts022-vi.jpg

Contracts023-vi.jpg

I thought this was pretty cool considering the topic being discussed.

Jason

Dude! $100 in 1952 dollars is probably over $800 now. That's pretty sweet, especially if you are a young player making league minimum.