4 blasters of 2022 topps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PRosefan1

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I knew odds were long on parallels but wow. 4 blasters netted me 1 gold card, 0 foils, and no other numbered cards. The insert sets are beautiful in my opinion. Quality control was excellent on what I opened tonight. Centering was perfect or near perfect on everything. Only two cards in 4 blasters with corner dings. I think this years set looks really nice. Only rookie that I wanted but didnt get was Vidal Brujan. Only got 1 Jarren Duran but got three Wander base and 2 MLB stars inserts. Each blaster had a home run challenge card. Each was a different player.

I picked up 2 blasters at the Wal Mart on Tusc Friday. They had at least 20 of them when I was there. I also bought a hobby jumbo. Out of all of that I got 1 Gold numbered card. The jombo that I bought this time will be the last one I ever buy. I was 40 cards short of a complete base set. The jimbo's are just not worth the price anymore in my opinion. I may buy a hobby box for Series II but the days of paying over 200.00 for a hobby jumbo are over for me.

I picked up 3 blasters and 3 hangers and no gold cards and only one foil card. Did hit 3 Franco rc's and a gu card of Franco. Love the design as well.

Dennis

Seems like Topps products aren't very good they are way too stingy with their parallels and their patches and no name auto's you get 95% of the time I'm glad they got bought out and I can't wait for Panini to be licenced because they make a far superior product.

Seems like Topps products aren't very good they are way too stingy with their parallels and their patches and no name auto's you get 95% of the time I'm glad they got bought out and I can't wait for Panini to be licenced because they make a far superior product.
It’s been this way for a while now. The hits are very lackluster unless you buy a case, then maybe you will get one okay hit. I don’t know if it’s them being stingy, or just over producing….worse than the 90s. Golds are /2022, so for them to only produce 2,022 of them, they have to be maybe one per jumbo, at best. Many hobby boxes will have zero. Then all the other numbered parallels will be even harder to hit as they are less than that. The gold foils will fall a little higher as most speculate 2,500-3,00 of those. The rainbow foils will fall a little better as there is probably 5,000.

Ultimately what it come down to IMO, is Fanatics bought all the licenses, and then bought Topps cards. Until that deal is finalized, and Fanatics is in control of everything, Topps will over produce EVERYTHING this year. They will maximize their money in the last year they get it, and they have ZERO care about what they do to the market and the hobby as they will not be around to see the aftermath. Win win for them.

Topps got $500,000,000 from Fanatics, and will make millions more this year ruining the hobby. I for one will not be buying any 2022 products except maybe if a see a blaster on the shelf, but I will not be searching it out. Singles will also drastically fall as time goes on. Wander RCs have already gone from a base at about $35-40 each to now flirting with $15. Soon enough they will be under $10.

Add into what Topps is purposely doing the impending lockout and the bottom in the hobby is about to fall out.

It’s been this way for a while now. The hits are very lackluster unless you buy a case, then maybe you will get one okay hit. I don’t know if it’s them being stingy, or just over producing….worse than the 90s. Golds are /2022, so for them to only produce 2,022 of them, they have to be maybe one per jumbo, at best. Many hobby boxes will have zero. Then all the other numbered parallels will be even harder to hit as they are less than that. The gold foils will fall a little higher as most speculate 2,500-3,00 of those. The rainbow foils will fall a little better as there is probably 5,000.

Ultimately what it come down to IMO, is Fanatics bought all the licenses, and then bought Topps cards. Until that deal is finalized, and Fanatics is in control of everything, Topps will over produce EVERYTHING this year. They will maximize their money in the last year they get it, and they have ZERO care about what they do to the market and the hobby as they will not be around to see the aftermath. Win win for them.

Topps got $500,000,000 from Fanatics, and will make millions more this year ruining the hobby. I for one will not be buying any 2022 products except maybe if a see a blaster on the shelf, but I will not be searching it out. Singles will also drastically fall as time goes on. Wander RCs have already gone from a base at about $35-40 each to now flirting with $15. Soon enough they will be under $10.

Add into what Topps is purposely doing the impending lockout and the bottom in the hobby is about to fall out.
Agreed but the hot rookie prices always start out hot then come back down to earth.

In my opinion, the best way to avoid buying jumbo boxes is to watch the case breaks on YouTube. An ENTIRE case of cards will net only a handful of numbered cards.

For 200 hundred dollars you get a manufactured relic, a jersey card, and a auto of a player you never heard of.

@Dashcol - I never thoght of it that way and you make a good point so much so that I may have to hang it up on baseball and go back to scrounging for football cards.

In my opinion, the best way to avoid buying jumbo boxes is to watch the case breaks on YouTube. An ENTIRE case of cards will net only a handful of numbered cards.

For 200 hundred dollars you get a manufactured relic, a jersey card, and a auto of a player you never heard of.
I did watch a few jumbo case breaks but regrettably after I already committed money to a case break so I will eat it on this one but your right it's basically like 40+ base cards, 2 inserts and maybe a gold or silver foil pack after pack after pack it's a shame they are the most boring product to break or watch I'm probably gonna stay away from everything but chrome this year.

I did watch a few jumbo case breaks but regrettably after I already committed money to a case break so I will eat it on this one but your right it's basically like 40+ base cards, 2 inserts and maybe a gold or silver foil pack after pack after pack it's a shame they are the most boring product to break or watch I'm probably gonna stay away from everything but chrome this year.
I bought into 2 Brewer case breaks. Hoping for a low number Yelich or auto. But for $70 I could have bought a bunch of the cards I probably will end up trading or buying for in the first place.

Maybe when Finest comes out I will do one or two of them.