4 Spots Left!!! 2019 Topps Inception Baseball TWO BOX Group Break $15 per spot!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grapler135s

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Hi All,

Thinking about trying the following TWO BOX group box break:

2 Boxes of 2019 Topps Inception Baseball Hobby Box ($15.00 per spot)

Please note that each box only contains 7 cards that will include 1 Autograph or Autograph Patch Card and 2 Base Card Parallels.

This would be in the same serial number/card number format. The way we did the first break was we had 10 people who’s names I put in a randomizer using Random.org (names initially in order of when they signed up for the break). I then rolled a pair of dice to determine how many times to randomize the list, clicking randomize as many times as the total number on the pair of dice. After randomization each person’s name ends up next to a number. The person would then get all cards in the break ending in their number. If a card is serial numbered we use that, if it is not serial numbered then we use the actual card number (i.e. if you had the #2 spot in the break you would get all cards #’d 2, 12, 22, 32, 42, 52, and so on). If a card is numbered with a letter (as is common with inserts) we take the letter and determine what number it falls in the alphabet (i.e. if it is Card#B, B is the second letter in the alphabet so it would go to whoever has the #2 spot).

I will break this box live on YouTube so that people can tune in live to see what we get. If you can’t watch the break live you will be able to watch with the link after the video uploads.

Please let me know if you are interested in joining in this group box break! And let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Mike

Interested Members:
grapler135s (2 spots)
David K.
brendan1987
mgm37
bonzomoretti

Last edited:
What's the cost of one box? Best regards, David

Cost breakdown for this box would be:

Cost of box shipped to me: $68.94
Supplies (bubble mailers, team bags, top loaders): $7.50
Shipping 7 cards so potentially shipping to 7 different people: $31.50
Total: $107.94 ($10.79 per spot)

If we wanted to make this one a box break where the only cards that will ship are the hits (Autograph and two serial numbered cards) I could reduce the price to $9.00 per person.

Thanks,
Mike

Okay.....but the odds indicate 4 or more will get nothing....So why don't we get two boxes.....and double the cost to $22.00....If I don't get anything with two boxes...I can live with that! Best regards, David

Okay.....but the odds indicate 4 or more will get nothing....So why don't we get two boxes.....and double the cost to $22.00....If I don't get anything with two boxes...I can live with that! Best regards, David

Good idea! If we do a two box break it would be $18.00 per person. I will change it in the description and see if anybody else would want to join. I will add your name to the list of interested members.

When you thinking of doing this next Saturday let me know

Yes, there are 10 spots in this break and there will be 14 total cards, 2 Autograph or Autograph Patch cards, 4 base parallel cards, and 8 base cards.

Mike

OK so I guess my question is then if there are 10 spots for 14 cards what happens to the 4 extra cards?

OK so I guess my question is then if there are 10 spots for 14 cards what happens to the 4 extra cards?

All 14 cards will go to people in the break. Here is how we will do it. There will be 10 people in the break. I put all 10 names in a randomizer using Random.org (names initially in order of when they signed up for the break). I will then roll a pair of dice to determine how many times to randomize the list, clicking randomize as many times as the total number on the pair of dice. After randomization each person’s name ends up next to a number (0-9). The person would then get all cards in the break ending in their number. If a card is serial numbered we use that, if it is not serial numbered then we use the actual card number (i.e. if you had the #2 spot in the break you would get all cards #’d 2, 12, 22, 32, 42, 52, and so on). If a card is numbered with a letter (as is common with inserts) we take the letter and determine what number it falls in the alphabet (i.e. if it is Card#B, B is the second letter in the alphabet so it would go to whoever has the #2 spot).

Hope that answers your question please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Mike

All 14 cards will go to people in the break. Here is how we will do it. There will be 10 people in the break. I put all 10 names in a randomizer using Random.org (names initially in order of when they signed up for the break). I will then roll a pair of dice to determine how many times to randomize the list, clicking randomize as many times as the total number on the pair of dice. After randomization each person’s name ends up next to a number (0-9). The person would then get all cards in the break ending in their number. If a card is serial numbered we use that, if it is not serial numbered then we use the actual card number (i.e. if you had the #2 spot in the break you would get all cards #’d 2, 12, 22, 32, 42, 52, and so on). If a card is numbered with a letter (as is common with inserts) we take the letter and determine what number it falls in the alphabet (i.e. if it is Card#B, B is the second letter in the alphabet so it would go to whoever has the #2 spot).

Hope that answers your question please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks for the info. I've done group breaks before but never in this way, usually just by team or player.

Thanks for the info. I've done group breaks before but never in this way, usually just by team or player.

No problem. I’ve done group breaks by team/player before too. Those are a lot of fun but need a lot more people interested in joining. This type of serial number/card number break only needs 10 people which is a lot easier and quicker to get set up. I might try to set up some team/player group breaks in the future if we have more people interested.

Thanks,
Mike

No problem. I’ve done group breaks by team/player before too. Those are a lot of fun but need a lot more people interested in joining. This type of serial number/card number break only needs 10 people which is a lot easier and quicker to get set up. I might try to set up some team/player group breaks in the future if we have more people interested.

Thanks,
Mike

I know this site doesn't have a ton of traffic so filling 30 or so spots can be tough. But I've seen some where you pick one team and get another randomly so you would only need 15 participants. I've even seen breaks by division where you would only need 6.

I know this site doesn't have a ton of traffic so filling 30 or so spots can be tough. But I've seen some where you pick one team and get another randomly so you would only need 15 participants. I've even seen breaks by division where you would only need 6.

I’ve seen a pick your team version that prices teams differently based on how many players from that team are in the set and how valuable those cards are, etc. Definitely a bit more involved and not quite sure how to price something like that. I’ve thought about the divisions style break but with only 6 people it drives the price per spot up quite a bit (but also increases odds of getting a hit). That being said...I wouldn’t be opposed to setting something like that up to see if anybody is interested. Please let me know if you have a specific product in mind and what type of break you would like to try (i.e. division, team, player). Appreciate the ideas and the discussion.

Thanks,
Mike

I’ve seen a pick your team version that prices teams differently based on how many players from that team are in the set and how valuable those cards are, etc. Definitely a bit more involved and not quite sure how to price something like that. I’ve thought about the divisions style break but with only 6 people it drives the price per spot up quite a bit (but also increases odds of getting a hit). That being said...I wouldn’t be opposed to setting something like that up to see if anybody is interested. Please let me know if you have a specific product in mind and what type of break you would like to try (i.e. division, team, player). Appreciate the ideas and the discussion.

Thanks,
Mike

Are there ever any case breaks on here?