40th Big Red Machine Project TTM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trapped212

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hello fellow collectors,

Starting working on a Big Red Machine for my future Brother in Law's 40th birthday in November. Sending one card through mail with a note about project, and as we get closer, will make other arrangements for the ones that don't sign.
As of today, I have received back 10: 10/40 25%
They are:
Sparky Anderson 7/15 one week (very shaky and think he stopped answering the following week)
Jack Billingham 625 faulkner street new smyrna FL 32169 22 days
Bernie Carbo 6352 woodside dr. south theodore AL 36582 24 days
Pat Darcy 515 south columbus blvd. tucson AZ 85711-4753 13 days
Frank Duffy 1740 e. silver st. tucson AZ 85719 12 days
Rawly Eastwick (creased card, supports B.A.T.) 10 river meadow dr. west newbury MA 01985 7 days
Gary Nolan 97 acacia ave. oroville CA 95996-3658 33 days
Merv Rettenmund 655 india st. #123 san diego, CA 92101 6 days
Bobby Tolan 804 woodstock st. bellaire TX 77401-4716 (no signature, but wrote $10 cash at bottom and sent card back. won't resend)
Pat Zachry 7611 bosque blvd. waco TX 76712-3766 17 days
Don Gullett misplaced address somewhere in kentucky or TN 7 days

STILL OUT IN MAIL
clay carroll, tommy helms, joe morgan, jim maloney, jim merritt, tony perez, don werner, pat corrales(nationals), terry crowley(orioles), joel youngblood(diamondbacks), johnny bench

GETTING READY TO MAIL w/ addresses
pedro borbon, darrel chaney, doug flynn, ken griffey sr. (c/o dayton dragons), will mcenaney, bill plummer

NEED ADDRESSES
ed armbrister, dave concepcion, dan driessen, george foster, cesar geronimo, lee may, jim mcglothlin, hal mcrae, fred norman, pete rose( Will never, ever pay!) manny sarmiento

REALIZED WAS DEAD AFTER LIST MADE
ted uhlaender----may replace with joe nuxhall

Nuxy has passed away as well.

Id personaly either leave it blank or replace with Jim O'Toole, or maybe do some more digging and see who was the bench coach's of those teams.

Nice project! Glad you got Sparky before he quit signing, he's a great guy.

By the way, Nuxhall passed away in 07 and Ken Griffey Jr. won't sign 99.9% of the time.

McGlothlin died a while back too. He is a toughie, as are several of the other players you still need. Good Luck, but I think you will almost certainly have to pay for a number of those.

Many thanks!

Love the information that is coming in! Thanks to all of your input.
My fiancee's mom (about 75) lives 10 minutes from Dayton Dragons field where Griffey Sr. is coach. We are sending her. Hopefully, he won't be mean.

Will keep everyone posted as we trudge along.
Having a ball doing it, and talking with some interesting people.

Jeff

Love the information that is coming in! Thanks to all of your input.
My fiancee's mom (about 75) lives 10 minutes from Dayton Dragons field where Griffey Sr. is coach. We are sending her. Hopefully, he won't be mean.

Will keep everyone posted as we trudge along.
Having a ball doing it, and talking with some interesting people.

Jeff

LOL...$10 says he is still a D-Bag.

I have an extra Bill Plummer if you need one but he did sign TTM so you will probably get him.

Also about the coaches, Alex Grammas was a coach for Sparky and he signed very quickly through the mail if you want to try him.

thanks for the offer

Daveteach---thanks for the offer. Remailed to Plummer today after old address was invalid. Got my letter back in mail, and on other side said he moved to California so I mailed one out there.

LOL on Griffey Sr. comment. Too bad I'm not a betting man.