52 Bowman Mantle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
dscf0586.jpg

This showed up at the local card shop. Not a huge fan of Mantle, but been thinking about offering on it.

What would YOU pay for this if it were at your shop?

I saw a PSA 4 on Ebay that looks similar. It had better centering but a light printing line. It sold for $536.00.
Maybe a little less than that? The shop won't have Ebay fees , so maybe $450.00?

Very nice card! I personally wouldn't buy a raw card of this stature unless it were graded by PSA, I am an eternal pessimist when it comes to high end vintage.

I can appreciate where you are coming from. It is too easy a lure for crooks to trim a card to increase it's value exponentially.
However, I don't give ANY grading company my full trust either. They makes mistakes too!

Gone are the days of blind trust that the card you are buying is unaltered, especially valuable ones that may change hands frequently.

Very nice card! I personally wouldn't buy a raw card of this stature unless it were graded by PSA, I am an eternal pessimist when it comes to high end vintage.

I agree 100%...unless it's just dirt cheap I'd have to see it graded before I would put anything in it...just to many things that come in to play...trimming in particular with old cards seems to be a huge issue now for some reason?

I would consider getting it PSA'ed might bring even more if you think it is worth the extra 100 plus to get a Mantle graded?

The shop sent me a scan of the back, as I have not had time to see the card in person.

Unknown-1.jpg

I do not plan to offer on it after all, but it is a decent card. Looks like some staining on back and maybe on front as well. If anyone is interested in offering, I can put you in touch with the shop. He is a good guy and an established retail shop.

I have no idea. You see what I have seen. I doubt it, unless it was a very small amount of glue and a weak one at that. Glued cards usually see much more damage or show more evidence. It looks to me like some water staining possibly or maybe just dirt. There appears to be minor paper/print loss near his last name/team name.

If I can make time to swing by the shop before the weekend, I will try to view the card in person.

This is NOT my card nor do I have it in my possession, in case there is some confusion.

the spotting on the back indicates an elmers glue type glue. while easy to remove it usually sports up the back of the card. it is almost a thing you have to have the card in hand to see.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online

No members online now.