69 Man on the moon cards question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pltcards

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I just found a box with over 100 of these cards, does anyone know why some are numberd 5a , 5b etc. I cant find an old non sport price guide and I cant remember what these were all about, thanks guys, I would love to trade some extras to try and get a set if anyone has any of these to trade

This explanation is from cardboardconnection.com:

"1969 Topps Man on the Moon was actually release in two separate issues. The first has 55 cards. The latter reissue, which was released in 1970, saw the checklist expand to 99 cards. This included the same 55 cards from the original release plus 44 new cards. However, the numbering is a little different. The initial issue and the reissue can be discerned on the card backs, even the first 55 cards. The first release had an 'A' or a 'B' after each number (1A, 2A, 54B, etc) to discern what puzzle it forms. For the reissue, all 99 cards are numbered 'of 99' (1 of 99, 2 of 99, 54 of 99, etc)."

This explanation is from cardboardconnection.com:

"1969 Topps Man on the Moon was actually release in two separate issues. The first has 55 cards. The latter reissue, which was released in 1970, saw the checklist expand to 99 cards. This included the same 55 cards from the original release plus 44 new cards. However, the numbering is a little different. The initial issue and the reissue can be discerned on the card backs, even the first 55 cards. The first release had an 'A' or a 'B' after each number (1A, 2A, 54B, etc) to discern what puzzle it forms. For the reissue, all 99 cards are numbered 'of 99' (1 of 99, 2 of 99, 54 of 99, etc)."
thank you , I remembered something about split set but could not remember the details, I appreciate it, Pat

Kevin I have quite a few doubles it looks like, do you have a tradelist of things you might like to trade? thank you
For sure! I unfortunately do not have a tradelist, as i only make customs. I am glad to make some customs for you in return, or can pay cash....I would be looking for maybe 8 cool looking cards to display on our NASA wall.....i just bought a STL newspaper from 7.25.1969, celebrating the splashdown, so thought it would be cool to add a few cards when i saw your post!

Let me know what you think,thanks and God bless!

Kevin

For sure! I unfortunately do not have a tradelist, as i only make customs. I am glad to make some customs for you in return, or can pay cash....I would be looking for maybe 8 cool looking cards to display on our NASA wall.....i just bought a STL newspaper from 7.25.1969, celebrating the splashdown, so thought it would be cool to add a few cards when i saw your post!

Let me know what you think,thanks and God bless!

Kevin
oh nice idea, , let me see what I have in doubles and i will get back with you, give me a day or two thank you

No worries, thank you! Let me know what your thoughts are on price as well, I am confident we can come together for a deal.

Blessings,

Kevin