7/14 -- two more in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Both returns today are from Pennsylvania teams, so a little sense of state pride..

First, former pitcher for the Phillies, Curt Simmons. signed 3/2 (out 7/7, back 7/14), signed my 53T Archives and index card and included a Philadelphia A's historical society card as well. This is a nice one to get back, as I now have both the former co-owners of Limekiln Golf Club, a course outside Philly that I grew up playing. For those wondering..the other former co-owner -- Robin Roberts.

21710[/ATTACH]"]j0f8k9.jpg

The second return today was Eleanor Engle, who was given a tryout by the Harrisburg Senators at SS, before a rule was passed barring females from playing organized baseball. Her card popped up when I busted the 53T Archives box, she lives locally and the Senators are about all I get to see play anymore, so thought it would be a cool card to get back. Signed 1/1, out 7/, back 7/14.

21712[/ATTACH]"]2038yd.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• j0f8k9.jpg
    j0f8k9.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2038yd.jpg
    2038yd.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 0
Congrats
Nice pick ups
Job well done
Chief

Seeing you got those two for owning a Golf Course
You should try Dick Groat and Jerry Lynch. They used to be Partners in Champion Lakes Golf Course near Pgh. That would be a great one also

Thanks everyone.

Chief -- just sent to Groat on Tuesday. Will have to see if I have a Lynch card. Thanks for info!!

For Robin Roberts, I have him on his courses scorecard, thought that was a nice twist.